Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-01-2016, 10:36 AM   #1
Darthclaw13
Regular

Default Sending out a series

Hi everyone!!
I hope all here are having a great day.

I have a 2 part question about a kid's series.

Firstly, I am working on a children's series and I have 3 episodes done but have not completed the rest of the episodes that would be for a season 1, but I do however have a "bible" of where the series/characters would be going.
My first question is this: If I were to send out a series to a prodco that deals in kids tv series then would it be prudent to send out what I already have or do they prefer that all the season's episodes be completed. In other words, do prodco's prefer a completed season (10-12 episodes) or will they accept 3 completed episodes with a bible included?

Next question.
I am writing this series to be done as a traditional puppet driven show (think Bear in the big blue house) where the characters are hand puppets with the main character being a person in a suit. But it could be done as an animation if someone preferred.
Should I mention this in my query? Or should I just send it out as a kids series and let them decide how it should look?

Thanks everyone for reading my questions and I look forward to any and all answers.
I hope everyone here is continuing to reach for their dreams and I hope you all make them come true.
Darthclaw13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2016, 03:28 PM   #2
omjs

Default Re: Sending out a series

The usual thing is to send out a pilot with a bible - no need to write any further episodes. Even the show bible isn't always necessary for an initial query/pitch.
omjs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2016, 04:25 PM   #3
mikeyP
New User

Default Re: Sending out a series

Yep. Do it in steps.

Step 1: Query/call and win them over with your pitch of it, letting them know you have a pilot and bible (do not mention you have additional episodes written).

Step 2: If they request, ask if they'd like to read the pilot and bible both - send accordingly.

Step 3: If they love it, and want to chat or meet, then mention you've been "working" on a few more episodes of the series as well, if they want to check those out. But only after they've expressed their interest in working with you on this.
mikeyP is offline   Reply With Quote