X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Originally posted by Mycroftbrett View Post
    I would like to add my endorsement. Andrew picked up on a couple of issues (with my script) that numerous other readers had missed and the turn around was fast. I'll be back
    Thanks for the kind words!

Turnaround time depends how booked up I get. That's why I encourage clients to reserve a spot ahead of time, allowing themselves another week of tweaking, polishing etc. Right now I'm taking reservations for the first week of June.

So if anyone's nearly done with a new draft... shoot me an email: [email protected]
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Comment

How do we take advantage of the DD special price? Didn't see any mention of it on the Garage payment page.

Comment

Pls ignore my last post; I found the answer on one of the later pages.

Comment

I took a look at the site's samples and pls correct me if I'm wrong but it appears that the real value of the basic coverage service ($75) are in the one paragraph comment summary and three-quarter page or so commentary at the end, correct? The rest is just describing the screenplay.

We have to jump to the $250 "Notes" to get a more detailed analysis.

Just managing expectations, that's all.

Comment

@Socal: Yeah, the synopsis is really only handy if your script gets a consider, because then you have a synopsis ready to go in case somebody requests it. You're right. You're really paying for the one or two pages of single spaced coverage, like what might be attached to a script at a prodco. The synopsis is a little bonus. I think a couple times I didn't get a synopsis from Evil and it was a slight discount, but I decided that it's just worth it to get the synop. Either way it's still a great deal.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
              @Socal: Yeah, the synopsis is really only handy if your script gets a consider, because then you have a synopsis ready to go in case somebody requests it. You're right. You're really paying for the one or two pages of single spaced coverage, like what might be attached to a script at a prodco. The synopsis is a little bonus. I think a couple times I didn't get a synopsis from Evil and it was a slight discount, but I decided that it's just worth it to get the synop. Either way it's still a great deal.
              Thanks for chiming in on that, Hans. Yeah, I also do the comments-only for a DD rate of $55.
              NOTES / COVERAGE
              15,000+ Screenplays
              [email protected]

Comment

So Script Shark has almost 1800 fans on Facebook and the Mechanic has less than 70... That ain't right! Boo!

Half of the writers using Script Shark are using the Mechanic anyway -- they just don't realize it and they're paying 3x as much.

Come on, "friend" the Mechanic and spread the word...
                NOTES / COVERAGE
                15,000+ Screenplays
                [email protected]

Comment

Sorry, man. Bailed from FB after the privacy crap a few weeks back, or I'd be happy to help out.

Do I dare mention I am outlining the next script?

Comment

Originally posted by LeadSolo View Post
                    Sorry, man. Bailed from FB after the privacy crap a few weeks back, or I'd be happy to help out.

Do I dare mention I am outlining the next script?
                    Ha. No worries. I jest about FB more than anything.

But I really look forward to the new script. Action?
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

I've never used Script Shark - always loyal to the Mechanic's tools

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

No action this time. I have to get this comedy out of my system.

Comment

Originally posted by LeadSolo View Post
                          No action this time. I have to get this comedy out of my system.
                          Bring it on.

BTW, everyone else, I'm catching up on my backlog post-vacation and there are some slots open next week...
                          NOTES / COVERAGE
                          15,000+ Screenplays
                          [email protected]

Comment

Couple months ago sent Andrew a first draft of a pilot called "Standby For The News". I got project: pass w/res, writer: consider w/res. His notes helped, I re-wrote, re-arranged, and submitted to trackingb and Page contests.

I was a finalist for the trackingb contest.

The best thing about Andrew's coverage is his ability to offer notes and incite that gets something from good to great. The first draft was, in his words, "a fun read with genuine potential", but I guess it's a little better than that now.

Bottom line, you're really doing yourself a huge disservice by not getting his opinion before putting your work out in to the world. Seriously.

Comment

BIG CONGRATS TEEMAN! You rock! That pilot sounds like a ton of fun and I hope you get a rep out of the contest. I agree 100% with you on your comments about Andrew's services.

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

That's awesome, teeman.

BTW, catching up a little on my lead time. Now taking reservations for next week...
                                NOTES / COVERAGE
                                15,000+ Screenplays
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X