No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black List founder Franklin Leonard answers your questions about the Black List

Originally posted by tucsonray View Post
    A humble observation slightly off topic:

Regardless of what anyone thinks about their reads (I know, I know... feeling are all over the place), can we at least agree that the loglines the readers come up with are darn near amazing. As in really well done. My sense is that their ability to craft such good loglines reflects more than a passing intimacy with the script but i think I will leave well enough alone with this peaceful moment in time on this thread and comment no further.
    That's true, I said it in one of my earlier postings. By and large, most of the loglines I've received have been better than my own.

Comment

• Re: Black List founder Franklin Leonard answers your questions about the Black List

Originally posted by The Cincinnati Kid View Post
      That's true, I said it in one of my earlier postings. By and large, most of the loglines I've received have been better than my own.
      Sorry to have missed that (the last 1200 posts are always the toughest for me to remember)

... I agree with you then!
      Last edited by tucsonray; 03-08-2013, 03:39 PM.
      Seven years dungeon --- no trials!

Comment

Originally posted by BillG View Post
        Franklin, can you tell us how many readers you currently have per genre/sub-genre (i.e., how many will read comedies, or comedy-thrillers, or dramas, etc.)? I think you said you started out with 40 readers, let go of two of them, but were planning to hire more at some point (not sure if that happened yet)

The reason I ask is I once bought a credit for a third read, but the site said something like "there are no more readers to which this script can be routed," and this was for a comedy. I'm pretty sure it was a glitch, since it was subsequently routed when I tried again.

Does the site alert you, and do you get a refund if there are no more readers for that genre?
        We have 39 readers currently. Started with 40. Let some go. Hired more. Others have moved on to plum industry jobs that require more of their time (thus limiting their ability to read for us.) Honestly couldn't tell you the #s per genre, but I can assure you that you're misremembering the "there are no more readers to which this script can be routed" message. If we ever did reach that point, I'd either call in a genre expert in the industry or read it myself, but there's virtually no chance of that happening.

Comment

Is the Blacklist open to television yet?
          "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Franklin, can you please reply to G I Jeep's question (which is the same question I asked several posts back but was ignored!).

When is the BL going to start hosting TV pilots????
            "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
              Franklin, can you please reply to G I Jeep's question (which is the same question I asked several posts back but was ignored!).

When is the BL going to start hosting TV pilots????
              I think you forgot the magic word.

When is the BL going to start hosting TV pilots, MOTHERFVCKER????

... oh, yes: ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by goldmund View Post
                I think you forgot the magic word.

When is the BL going to start hosting TV pilots, MOTHERFVCKER????

... oh, yes: ;-)
                Yes, bring back Romper Room - with your host, Samuel L. Jackson.

Comment

On the new Blacklist message boards (called the Blackboard), the moderator said it might be late spring.

I don't see how it matters, though. It shouldn't affect any decisions writers are making now. Opportunities will come and go with little warning, so it's best to just keep writing, keep working on new stuff and polishing the old stuff.

Comment

The date is still TBD. We wanted to launch it during Q1 of this year, but due to some improvements we wanted to make on the film side (you'll begin to see some of these things in the coming weeks, and I am quite confident you'll be happy with all of them), it has been delayed.

Look for late spring/early summer.

Comment

Originally posted by tucsonray View Post
                      A humble observation slightly off topic:

Regardless of what anyone thinks about their reads (I know, I know... feeling are all over the place), can we at least agree that the loglines the readers come up with are darn near amazing.
                      Speak for yourself. The logline I got from a reader: "In the very distant future a heroic but lonely space commander leads a ship through interstellar war."

Wow, gee, thanks. I'm sure I'll get some reads off of this stunner.
                      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
                        The date is still TBD. We wanted to launch it during Q1 of this year, but due to some improvements we wanted to make on the film side (you'll begin to see some of these things in the coming weeks, and I am quite confident you'll be happy with all of them), it has been delayed.

Thanks for the response.
                        "Ray, next time someone asks you if you're a god, you say YES!- - Ghostbusters

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post

Hmm.. OK. I was gearing up to post a feature script to the BL but maybe I should wait a few weeks for the "improvements?"

I think there will be a lot of buzz surrounding the first few TV pilots that are annointed/highly rated by the BL - I rather add my pilot on the first day of hosting in hope of getting in on that action, which is why I'm bugging the crap outta Franklin (but certainly not using any profaninity, Goldmund!)
                          "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

I got a review for my comedy!

"The story's premise is very strong." PREMISE = 2

"The script manages to mix in a number of funny moments – particularly a handful of great one-liners – with some poignant moments" DIALOGUE = 2

"The stakes for Andrew are fantastic" CHARACTERS = 2

Eh? :-|

Comment

Seriously, Goldmund? That makes no sense at all. You should email Franklin.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Well, overall the reader wasn't madly in love with it, so it might not make much difference -- a pass is a pass -- but I will email Franklin... in case the second reader likes it more and it skews my overall score.

Maybe you need a SUPER-strong premise to get a 3? :-D

Fun fact: I entered the early version of this script and another one into Bluecat. The one that got 7 on BL (with 8 for premise) failed to advance. This one (which got 2 on BL) advanced. This Hollywood thing is crazy I tell you!

Comment

Working...
                                X