No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black List founder Franklin Leonard answers your questions about the Black List

Originally posted by michaelb View Post
    Read half of it last night. Good stuff so far.

And the fact that I'm reading it, based on the BL recommendation, should show how well the site is working.

Best,

MB
    If you enjoy the rest of the script, I'm rooting for you to sign the kid. He's got talent. I'm a huge fan of epics, and know they are hard to pull of. This kid has the goods.

Comment

• Re: Black List founder Franklin Leonard answers your questions about the Black List

I don't think enough people in the industry realize how much us viewers want to see more Egypt themed movies.
      www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
      http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
        We, and our algorithm, works with numbers other than whole ones.

Not sure of the context in which you're asking.
        Franklin, I think perhaps he meant, if you have two ratings of, say, 6 and 9, would your average rating shown on the site be 7, 7.5, or 8?

You say above that you don't just work with whole numbers, but in glancing at a few average ratings, I don't think I've seen one that was not a whole number.

Thanks.

My website:www.marjorykaptanoglu.com

Comment

Originally posted by Deion22 View Post
          For you reps out there. If you want a kid with potential go read TUTANKHAMEN. That kid has the goods. Not only that he wrote a blockbuster movie. I take back my criticism, I think this BL site can work really well. Because I'm assuming most people wouldn't have read a script like TUTANKHAMEN if it was queried.

Somebody better sign this kid.
          Yeah, I'm coming around as well. $75 is a small price to pay for this kind of exposure.

Comment

Originally posted by stainjm View Post

But (and this was my fault for not realizing when I paid that these reviews were not meant to be any help to us) I don't like when someone gives it a negative score and doesn't have much of a reason. If it's a studio, I imagine they would have told me more if they wanted me to come back with a revision, so I take it somewhere else, right? I suppose this can be the same with BL, meaning pay for another read, but with a baby coming in a month I think I have to suck it up and save that moolah.
            Congrats on your impending parenthood, stainjm! Changes your world, for the better. And, lots more to write about, too :>)

Comment

Ditto. Congrats, JM!

Comment

Originally posted by michaelb View Post
                Yep. I maybe request 1 in X (some large number) of the queries I am sent, but I do accept the ones I like.

And usually I try to at least reply to most of them with at least a "no thank you"

Best,

MB
                Michael - How does one without a rep go about to query you?

Because I can't find anything on your company via google for contact details. Is it possible if you can kindly PM me a email address so I can submit a query to you at some point?

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AriG View Post

Because I can't find anything on your company via google for contact details. Is it possible if you can kindly PM me a email address so I can submit a query to you at some point?

Thanks.
                  Yes, Michael, I also wish to spam your inbox with hordes of mindless queries.
                  I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Thanks.
                    You could just post in in his thread in the agents/managers section.

I think at one point it might be fun to start an open query to Michael B thread, where everyone can openly post a query and logline for him to consider.

This would of course only be for the bravest.
                    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                      Yes, Michael, I also wish to spam your inbox with hordes of mindless queries.
                      Fortunately it's not in my nature nor do I have the audacity to spam people with such mindless emails. But all the best to those who do.

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
                        You could just post in in his thread in the agents/managers section.

I think at one point it might be fun to start an open query to Michael B thread, where everyone can openly post a query and logline for him to consider.

This would of course only be for the bravest.
                        Thanks for the tip. But I don't think Michael B will embrace everybody querying him with loglines and submissions etc.

Comment

Thanks.
                          A bit off topic (aren't we always?, sorry) - but you can find him on IMDB Pro.

And thanks for the congrats! I imagine in about 1.5 months you'll see me on here a little bit less for some time
                          www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
                          http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

Thanks for the tip. But I don't think Michael B will embrace everybody querying him with loglines and submissions etc.
                            That's the beauty of it, if he doesn't like it we'll kill him and then eat him.
                            Last edited by Jules; 10-31-2012, 06:41 AM.
                            It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by stainjm View Post
                              A bit off topic (aren't we always?, sorry) - but you can find him on IMDB Pro.

And thanks for the congrats! I imagine in about 1.5 months you'll see me on here a little bit less for some time
                              I'm trying to avoid using the IMDB Pro search. I know they offer a free trail for two weeks but then after that - if I like the service - I might be tempted to pay for it.

And there's so much **** one has to pay for now -- need to save some cash.

It's nice to see a DD writer doing well -- keep it up.

Comment

Sweet, just made the BL's Dashboard for one of its Top Uploaded scripts

Comment

Working...
                                X