The Counselor (Ridley Scott/Cormac McCarthy Full Trailer)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Counselor (Ridley Scott/Cormac McCarthy Full Trailer)

I'm definitely down for this one.

I think Javier Bardem should be in every Cormac McCarthy project and it should be mandated that he have an "insane-ulous" hairstyle for each project. I think a full on afro is due.

Unfortunately, this is going to have a rough go with the cineplex crowd. I pray it does well, but it's going to need major buzz. The cast helps.
    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Did this script get any rewrites? I can see it going well, but I can also see no one wanting to clean up McCarthy's script if what he turned in was flawed in any way, and the end product suffering.

Either way Cormac will undoubtably get an Oscar nom for best screenplay.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
        Any guesses on what the hell this is about? Trailer was more than a little vague about the plot...
        Saw the trailer today in a movie theater, and had the same reaction: what the hell is this about?

Somehow it reminded me of that awful SAVAGES flop from last year.

Hope I'm wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
          Guesses? Almost none. Isn't that awesome? A trailer than doesn't spoon feed me every ****ing plot point like I'm a drooling retard.
          Just the opposite side of the spectrum - too much info or not enough. A proper trailer would strike a balance in the middle. This failed at doing that every bit as much as what you're complaining about. Just on the other side of the spectrum.

BAD}---too much----------PERFECT----------not enough---{BAD

There are two reasons why a trailer would not give us enough plot info...either someone did a horrible job cutting it, or there's simply not a strong enough plot to put a decent trailer together.

You better be hoping it's the former and not the latter.

Comment

Looks like Fox got the memo and finally released a decent trailer for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ML50I0mVHY#at=18

Comment

Originally posted by entlassen View Post
              Looks like Fox got the memo and finally released a decent trailer for this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6ML50I0mVHY#at=18
              October 25th has never seemed so far away. And, I can hardly believe it, but Cameron Diaz may have turned in a solid performance, based on her look at 2:05. Great way to play that line.

Comment

looks like Bardem is channelling a Heat era Pacino - which is not a bad thing
                I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

I loved loved loved this film. Everything about it. I had doubts about getting it on the screen from the page, but it knocked the toupee right off my head. Jesus Christ the dialogue was great. The dread, Diaz, Pitt with his cocksure "I can disappear" wink then getting the bolito haircut at the end. Most shocking death put on film in 10 years. "I seen it all, Counselor. It's sh1t. It's sh1t."

Gonna watch it again in theaters.

Comment

Originally posted by omovie View Post
                    I loved loved loved this film. Everything about it. I had doubts about getting it on the screen from the page, but it knocked the toupee right off my head. Jesus Christ the dialogue was great. The dread, Diaz, Pitt with his cocksure "I can disappear" wink then getting the bolito haircut at the end. Most shocking death put on film in 10 years. "I seen it all, Counselor. It's sh1t. It's sh1t."

Gonna watch it again in theaters.
                    Dude. Really? Fvcking spoiler alert. I've seen it and loved it too but if I read this before seeing it I'd find you and a bolito.

Comment

(not really a spoiler)
                      Yes! I went to see it having a rough week, needing a lift...bad move. Still, the movie is awesome - all that dialogue flows like wine, and there is no redemption or closure at all. And who doesn't love that?

PS whoever reviewed this for Salon needs to get a real job. "Worst movie ever made"?! Ever?! /facepalm
                      What I have crossed out, I didn't like. What I haven't crossed out, I am dissatisfied with.
                      (Cecil B. DeMille's notes to an unknown screenwriter)

Comment

I read that Heir article. It was light on content and big on hyperbole. Not very convincing. This is definitely a polarizing film, though. More people dislike it than love it. But I wouldn't be surprised if there were articles popping up in the next few years redefining it as a crime drama classic. For now, I'll engage in my own hyperbole and say, they just didn't get it.

Comment

One of the greatest scripts I've read in the past 5 years. The dialogue sparkles. If you want to learn about great dialogue read this script. I knew this film would be polarizing. one because it's ending is bleak. And it gives you a realistic look into the world of the Cartels.

People gotta understand, a lot of those jewels being dropped by characters about the violence in Mexico and how the Cartels operate wasn't just theater. It was real talk, and gave you an insight into how violent that world really is.

I think this movie will have a very long shelf life and will find a large audience on DVD,

Comment

One of the worst films of the last ten years. Script was bad, bad, bad. Dialogue was awful. Overwritten. Scenes that were pointless. And, no real drama. Everything happens offscreen. Everything that they say is going to happen happens. I guess they were so in awe of McCarthy that they wouldn't give him notes. And he needed lots of them.

Can't believe the stars that signed on for this.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/26/meet...vie_ever_made/

Comment

Originally posted by MLawe View Post

Can't believe the stars that signed on for this.

http://www.salon.com/2013/10/26/meet...vie_ever_made/
                              Yeah, that's the review I cited. That first sentence of that review is why I believe startup nerds are not from this planet. But hey, you know what opinions are like, everyone has one and it stinks...
                              What I have crossed out, I didn't like. What I haven't crossed out, I am dissatisfied with.

Comment

Originally posted by Hasil Adkins View Post
                                The New Yorker published an excerpt here:
                                http://www.newyorker.com/fiction/fea...ction_mccarthy
                                That's not a screenplay!!!
                                Well, what is a screenplay? A blueprint or a story, or both? Mr. McCarthy has challenged us to rethink the answer to that question.

Comment

Working...
                                X