Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-05-2018, 07:15 PM   #181
Centos

Default Re: Fade In Pro -- tips, feedback, requested features

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaGra View Post
Is it possible to have 'notes' remain open and visible throughout the script and appear in the Navigator like they do in Movie Magic Screenwriter?
I just have the trial version of Fade In, but I can't find any way to do it. I checked to see if KIT Scenarist will do it and it appears that it will. (It puts the notes on the right panel if you open up "review." Click on the highlight and highlights the Note on the right panel. Toggle off "review" and the comments disappear, though the highlighting stays.)

Though, I'll have to admit, I'm not exactly sure how the Navigator works with notes in MMS, so KIT Scenarist might be completely different.
Old 09-06-2018, 02:01 PM   #182
ComicBent

No, the note does not stay open. The note is a pop-up window, and when you close it, it is gone until you reopen it. However, you can pass the cursor over the note symbol at any time to see what the note contains (and, of course, you can reopen the note by double-clicking it).

You might want to request this feature. You can send an email to Support on the Fade In website, or you can send a tweet to @fadeinsoftware. Kent Tessman (the developer of Fade In) is very active on Twitter. He also reads messages sent to Support.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." ComicBent.
ComicBent is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2020, 10:30 PM   #183
JoeBanks

Maybe not specific to Fade In but as I polish up a draft with an eye toward reducing my page count, I've noticed that a line deleted here or there can have big ripple effects down-script. Conversely, I sometimes can delete and delete and the end page number doesn't move.

Is there any way for a screenwriting program to analyze the script for those points where eliminating a line will save the maximum number of pages afterward? It doesn't seem to be obvious as I go through each page but would be nice to know which changes will give me the most bang for my editing buck.
JoeBanks is offline   Reply With Quote