No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What genre do you write?

Why did you pick that one?

Do you stick to a genre or bounce around?

Re: What genre do you write?

It's really fun to fly around and beat people up in really cool, choreographed ways, but society doesn't like it when I bust out my Kung Fu on the metro.

So I write action scripts instead.
    Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

What genre do you write?
      Action.

Why did you pick that one?
      I like my scripts/stories to be fast paced, full of set pieces, gunshots, and sexy bitches. That, and I have experience in high intensity situations which I can easily carry over.

Do you stick to a genre or bounce around?
      Once I complete my action specs for the year, I like to experiment in other genres -- Horror, Thriller, and Fantasy/Sci-Fi.
      2011 Screenwriting Goal: 15 pages a day.

Comment

I've been bouncing around lately -- basically I write whatever my best concept is.

Unless it's a romcom. I don't trust my ability at those.
        Steven Palmer Peterson

Comment

Thriller -- or anything in that vicinity.

It's my favorite genre to read, plus the script that got me repped was a thriller. Luckily thriller can be anything from action thriller, to contained thriller, to drama thriller, etc etc.

I don't really dabble in much else right now. But I do have some projects that are outside the genre that I eventually want to write in time -- for me.
          Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

In screenplay:

drama - thriller
            action
            romantic - action

... so far....

Why? Ideas that hit me required it^^.

Comment

I'm all over the place. I prefer historically or period-based stories like THE LAST SAMURAI, SAVING PRIVATE RYAN or SHERLOCK HOLMES.

Comment

I like to write - and have written - in a variety of genres. But when I come up with ideas, I tend to get excited about and gravitate towards thrillers and action.

Comment

To me there are the stories from my heart that I write and the stories in my head.

The former are almost always historical or drama and the latter are always action-thrillers.

So yeah, kinda like Hamboogul, except more Roman centric for my historical/period writing.
                  The best way out is always through. - Robert Frost

Comment

Lately, sci-fi. I enjoy writing beyond the world we know, logical marvels, etc. I seriously underestimated how painstaking it is, but still love it.

Before this I wrote some comedy, a drama, and a really bad thriller. I actually think the thriller was hardest to establish, for me, anyway. So far, sci-fi is my favorite to write, and (as of today) I want to stick with it.
                    Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

When I first got started, I thought I was a comedy guy. Gradually, I've drifted toward tentpole type movies. Action/adventure/comedy type stuff.

I've just begun the brainstorming process on a straight action/thriller, which is kind of new to me. Pretty pumped about it. It's got a big action concept, with fairly dramatic storyline. Should be challenging, and a lot of fun.
                      QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

I write stories where my characters are ostracized or discriminated against because of their sexual orientation like BOYS DON'T CRY or THE CRYING GAME.

Comment

Originally posted by Derek Haas View Post
                          I write stories where my characters are ostracized or discriminated against because of their sexual orientation like BOYS DON'T CRY or THE CRYING GAME.
                          3 MEN TO YUMA makes me cry every time.
                          QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Is fucking with people a genre? It should be a genre. fuck-pop.
                            Standing on a hill in my mountain of dreams telling myself it's not as hard, hard, hard as it seems.

Comment

Started with straight-up thrillers and now write action-thrillers.

Comment

Working...
                              X