Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boyka: Undisputed

A bloody good blast of retro fighting action. Scott Adkins tears it up (again) as the brutally-gifted Boyka.

If you don't know the Undisputed films series, it started with Ving Rhames and Wesley Snipes and Boyka (Scott Adkins) was added in the sequel as the chief antagonist but he captured people's imaginations so much that he became the protagonist in part 3 and, in part 4: Boyka: Undisputed.

No messing about here - just 86 minutes of throwback to 80s martial arts classics a la AWOL (Lionheart), Kickboxer and Bloodsport.

Scott Adkins has the looks of Ryan Reynolds and the skill of Bruce Lee. He was just born 20 years too late, when the home rental market was no more.
    Last edited by SundownInRetreat; 07-04-2020, 02:18 PM.
    M.A.G.A.

Re: Boyka: Undisputed

I’m a big fan of Adkins. You can see him raising his game throughout his career, though sometimes I feel he’s let down by the dialogue or character (like in Ip Man 4).

I don’t see a reason he can’t have a career as big as, and in the style of Jason Statham. Favorite movie is Avengement.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
      Favorite movie is Avengement.
      I'm watching that tonight
      M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
        I'm watching that tonight
        Nice, let me know what you think.

Comment

For awhile Jesse V. Johnson was attached to direct an Action/Thriller of mine. Would have been his first real foray into non-Scott Adkins, bigger budgeted films. Shame it didn't work out as I think he's got chops.

Comment

Originally posted by CthulhuRises View Post
            For awhile Jesse V. Johnson was attached to direct an Action/Thriller of mine. Would have been his first real foray into non-Scott Adkins, bigger budgeted films. Shame it didn't work out as I think he's got chops.
            That's a shame he's definitely a fun director and I enjoy his Adkins collaborations.

Comment

Originally posted by Anagram View Post
              I dont see a reason he cant have a career as big as, and in the style of Jason Statham.
              To discerning English ears, Statham shouldn't be cast in any role other than STUPID THUG #3.
              Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
              "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Working...
              X