No announcement yet.
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Black List founder Franklin Leonard answers your questions about the Black List

Originally posted by JaGra View Post
    Why do I keep getting "Index of..." page when I type in www.blklist.com ?
    You forgot the 'c' and there's no 'i'.
    www.blcklst.com

Comment

• Re: Black List founder Franklin Leonard answers your questions about the Black List

Originally posted by TheMonkeyofSpec View Post
      You forgot the 'c' and there's no 'i'.
      www.blcklst.com
      Duh, jeeze, some people are such morons...hey get that mirror from in front of me.

Thanks.

Comment

Originally posted by Anointed View Post
        Franklin can you confirm this...
        This script would not be included in the Monday email, which is limited to those scripts that have received scores of 8 or higher overall. It would, however, be included in emails sent on Friday to those industry pro members who have specified an interest in being alerted to scripts that score well on premise.

Comment

Originally posted by JaGra View Post
          Why do I keep getting "Index of..." page when I type in www.blklist.com ?
          Because the site is http://www.blcklst.com...

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post
            It's a legitimate question, and I'll cede that it's a less than ideal situation.

There are two realities though that leave us believing that it's less of an issue than it is on its face:

1. While you may know who you sent your script to in a query situation, you never really know who gets it after that. Especially in the age of email, scripts are easily and often shared, and once it leaves your inbox, it's impossible to know.

2. The fact of the matter is that most folks in the industry are less likely to avail themselves of a script if there's a chance that there'll be follow up from a writer asking for representation or feedback on the script. We've specifically designed the site this way in order to encourage downloads and reads from industry professionals.

I can assure you that if an industry pro likes your script, you'll hear from them, and suffice it to say that we have records of every download that has occurred on the site (and tag those downloads so that they can be traced if they're shared elsewhere.)
            Just to back this up, if I download a script, I don't want a writer contacting me to see what I thought or even if I've read it yet.

Sometimes I set a script down after 10 pages, just not feeling it. Sometimes I set it down after 30. Others I finish the whole thing. But ultimately if I want to contact the writer they will hear from me. And others I have downloaded weeks ago and have not read yet.

Also, I don't rate the scripts I don't like. I don't set a script down after 30 pages and then go and give it a low rating. I don't see the point in me doing that (but that is just me personally).

Best,

MB
            twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

The Black List in tomorrow's Wall Street Journal.

Comment

When does the good old fashioned Black List -- the year's most liked un-produced screenplays -- come out?

Comment

Originally posted by FreshShabazz View Post
                  When does the good old fashioned Black List -- the year's most liked un-produced screenplays -- come out?
                  Monday at 9am PST. Announced via Twitter.

Comment

Three quick things I'm very excited about:

1. We were profiled in the Wall Street Journal yesterday. You can read the article here. If the paywall is active, just search the title "For budding screenwriters" in Google and click the link. That should take you behind it.

2. We'll be announcing the 2012 Black List tomorrow, starting on Twitter. You can read more about that here.

3. I can confirm that another previously unrepresented writer has signed with Hollywood representation after being discovered on our site. Specifically, he signed with our favorite Done Deal active manager Michael Botti, who mentioned this event in another thread. I do not know the name of the writer or their script, and Michael and his colleagues are keeping the details quiet for the time being, which they have every right to do.

Either way, it's great news. For writers, and quite obviously, for us.

Comment

Since it's being released via Twitter and >50% of the writers are probably on Twitter, do you plan on mentioning their handles as well in the tweets?

That could really give the writer a *Gasp* moment seeing a mention from @TheBlckLst.
                      Last edited by Steven L.; 12-16-2012, 01:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by FranklinLeonard View Post

3. I can confirm that another previously unrepresented writer has signed with Hollywood representation after being discovered on our site. Specifically, he signed with our favorite Done Deal active manager Michael Botti, who mentioned this event in another thread. I do not know the name of the writer or their script, and Michael and his colleagues are keeping the details quiet for the time being, which they have every right to do.

Either way, it's great news. For writers, and quite obviously, for us.
                        Awesome.

Comment

That is fabulous news! Can't wait to hear the details!

Comment

Franklin, this may have been asked and answered previously...but you must have two overall scores averaging 8 from either your readers or subscribers) before you are featured in the Monday emails -- is that correct? What will one overall score of 8 get you?

Comment

Originally posted by coffeywriter View Post
                              Franklin, this may have been asked and answered previously...but you must have two overall scores averaging 8 from either your readers or subscribers) before you are featured in the Monday emails -- is that correct? What will one overall score of 8 get you?
                              All you need is a single 8 from one of our paid readers to get included in the Monday email following the rating being completed.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven L. View Post
                                Since it's being released via Twitter and >50% of the writers are probably on Twitter, do you plan on mentioning their handles as well in the tweets?

That could really give the writer a *Gasp* moment seeing a mention from @TheBlckLst.
                                By our count, about 35% have Twitter handles that we could confirm. We will be including them with their Titles.

Comment

Working...
                                X