• Show
Clear All

We passed too-- for a number of reasons

Keep reading the trades for sure.

Thx,
    Seth

Comment

Re: Seth Lockhart

I caught Seth's post over at Two Adverbs, queried him on 3/27 a political thriller and he requested it on 3/28.

On 3/29 I promptly send him a copy with a response email.

On 4/18 I emailed again trying to verify if Seth had received it.

I haven't heard any response.

Mo8

Comment

Yep, petty.

We're looking for more talented writers ready for a professional career here.
        Cinematic Instinct is a young company committed to finding and nurturing emerging writers and directors.

Our focus is high concept thrillers, comedies, action/adventure, sci fi, horror (creepy not gory)

Please introduce yourself and email loglines to

[email protected]

If we like the logline we'll request to read Act I; If we like the writing style, we'll request the entire script; If we love the script and its execution, we'll ask your permission to represent you. Then the buzz begins.

Naomi Curland
        Seth Lockhart
        Ananda Dillon
        Last edited by cenista; 06-26-2007, 11:54 AM.

Comment

Great response, Seth. Very gracious of you to offer newbies a chance to query you.

I'm presently working with one of the managers you mentioned, and it is important for newbies to realize that what info they receive without talking to industry professionals is problematic at best. Lots of bravado ("I rejected him!") and not much common sense. Until you land a good rep in Hollywood, you don't really know what the freak is going on.

I love my present manager; but if I did not have him, I'd query you asap.

Best of luck.

Comment

Thank you.

May you achieve the success you're looking for!

The 6 P's To Enter Hollywood
            • Prayer
            • Purpose
            • Passion
            • Persistence
            • Professionalism
            • Patience

Seth Lockhart
            Last edited by cenista; 06-28-2007, 11:57 PM.

Comment

Being a semi-fan of On the Lot, I read this whole thread looking for what contestants he reps...
              But this wily god never discloses even to the skillful questioner the whole content of his wisdom.

Comment

Zach
                Marty
                Phil

Comment

I'd be amazed if Zach doesnt at least get something made in the next few years, kids got tallent and can really strech a dime.

Comment

Seth, it's me John. Thanks man for setting up our meeting with Amanda. I really appreciate it. I know you're cautious, but I can't help but feel optimistic! I also feel the same for the Sandy Project. Talk to you soon.

Comment

Wow, this was intense and fun to read. Sort of like watching a really good TV show.

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

If you're gonna rep any of the Lot doods...Zack is the one. Good going Seth!

Comment

Seth, it's me John. Thanks man for setting up our meeting with Amanda. I really appreciate it. I know you're cautious, but I can't help but feel optimistic! I also feel the same for the Sandy Project. Talk to you soon.

This thread is filling me with so much happiness. I feel like I'm watching a live-action version of Bowfinger.

Comment

High concept? Sigh. What about tall-ish concepts?

Advice from writer, Kelly Sue DeConnick. "Try this: if you can replace your female character with a sexy lamp and the story still basically works, maybe you need another draft.-

Comment

Let's keep this thread on track. Let's keep the snarkiness to your own scripts.
                              Never let the competition know what you're thinking... and never tell the unseen masses your story idea.

-- Rule 85, Ferengi Rules of Acquisition (updated by cmmora)

Comment

I queried Seth and got a response to send my script. That was a couple months ago and like others I haven't heard anything. However, he seemed like a nice guy making his way up the food chain like the rest of us. Just remember, all those producers, managers and agents you WANT to work with had to work their way up. The Steven Spielberg's and Judd Apatow's of the industry didn't wake up and fall out of bed as a big success. Just my .02!
                                "The two hardest words to write are FADE IN. The two most gratifying are FADE OUT."

Comment

Working...
                                X