This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Why I don't like (most) contests

I hope zazz's scripts are better plotted than his story here...it's got more holes than a vietnamese whorehouse.

Comment

Originally posted by Gillyflower Cooms View Post
      I hope zazz's scripts are better plotted than his story here...it's got more holes than a vietnamese whorehouse.
      so what the heck is zazz? a writer? studio exec or studio ops exec? a partner at an agency? shill for the script dept? and all within two years. very impressive.

Comment

yawn. thread's become boring again.

Comment

I totally have to create a bunch of fake identities to wander screenwriting forums talking about how great I am. Why didn't I think of that before?

Oh, wait, because it is skeevy.

Never mind.
          GirlinGray

Comment

Another episode in the serial.....

http://thisisyourpilotspeaking.wordp...03/retraction/

Comment

Originally posted by Donreel View Post
              The first 3 lines of the retraction didn't grab me, so I stopped reading...
              "Only nothing is impossible."
              - Grant Morrison

Comment

Originally posted by instant_karma View Post
                The first 3 lines of the retraction didn't grab me, so I stopped reading...
                Same. Title seemed really off to me for some reason. PASS.

Comment

Hypocrisy on the part of who, Lauri?
                  "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

The best twist to this would be if Froley was judging the Nicholl. That'd be like finding Roger Clemens on the Mitchell Report on MLB steroid usage.

Comment

Originally posted by joe9alt View Post
                      Hypocrisy on the part of who, Lauri?
                      On behalf of the original blogger. If she admits she did wrong but won't admit what contest she did it for.

The contest has to "own" her too, and say what it's going to do about it. To start with, they should have all of her scripts re-read. But before that, they should establish reader guidelines and codes of ethics and have their readers sign them (and so should all contests).

I'm perfectly fine if they SAY "we may only read the first 5 pages of your script." I not at all fine if they employ judges who admit to being swayed re the merits of a script based on the location of the story or writer.
                      "People who work in Hollywood are the ones who didn't quit." -- Lawrence Kasdan

Please visit my website and blog: www.lauridonahue.com.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamboogul View Post
                        The best twist to this would be if Froley was judging the Nicholl. That'd be like finding Roger Clemens on the Mitchell Report on MLB steroid usage.
                        Not unless she's using a pseudonym and posts fake photos of herself on her blog.

On the other hand, zazzo says he knows all the contest directors and has read for Nicholl and works at a Big 3 Agency located on a studio lot and will read 10 pages of Jeff's script while Jeff watches him and, if it's any good, will help Jeff break into the business.

I just don't know what to believe anymore. I used to think that every time someone posted on the internet they were telling the whole truth and nothing but.

Comment

Greg, how do you guys monitor with Nicholl? There's no way to ensure a reader is reading the whole script, right? They could possibly read 10 pages and move on to the next, like any other contest.

Let me add, this is a legit question, not a slant. I know Nicholl's is highly respected and even entered myself once. I didn't even make the quarterfinals, lol. Not blaming the contest though.

Comment

FWIW, I posted a message in response to Froley's "retraction," and it's been deleted. In it, I asked if her retraction meant that she had changed the way she judges contests.

I guess I got my answer.

Comment

Originally posted by LauriD View Post
                              On behalf of the original blogger. If she admits she did wrong but won't admit what contest she did it for.

The contest has to "own" her too, and say what it's going to do about it. To start with, they should have all of her scripts re-read. But before that, they should establish reader guidelines and codes of ethics and have their readers sign them (and so should all contests).

I'm perfectly fine if they SAY "we may only read the first 5 pages of your script." I not at all fine if they employ judges who admit to being swayed re the merits of a script based on the location of the story or writer.
                              Agree with all and I'm with you. Sounds very reasonable.
                              "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Originally posted by JeffLowell
                                No way zazzo is Gray. For all my philosophical differences with her, that's definitely not her style.

Zazzo seems to have deactivated his account. But not before engaging in the most fascinating email exchange with me last night...
                                Tease.

Comment

Working...
                                X