No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Records

What Bill said.

Also, Letters, faxes, emails. Any and all previous drafts. Any notes received from other people that have read your script. Any rejection letters or correspondence from prodcos that have passed on your script, etc. You can also think about keeping a phone log and making entries with date and a short note about whom you spoke to and about what. None of it in itself is good enough on its own, but when it comes to litigation, all prima facie evidence adds up.

Comment

identical pitch

I pitched the summary of my screenplay to BH agent Jon Klane 11/24/99 and he replied that "WW2 is DOA in Hollywood." Then came Pearl Harbor 16 months later, and I saw on this website that Klane sold (in legal terms) "qualitatively substantially similar" material for "mid-six figures" to New Line Cinema. This despite the fact that AMPAS President BOB REHME himself had read my pitch since I've known him since 1985. My atty's letters to New Line and Klane and the prods who are cosidering the project were ignored, and civil atty's I sought in CA and NY wouldn't open their eyes to it without a retainer of about $25,000. This despite the Chairman of the ABA's National Committee on White Collar Crime having been my atty once in the past. He now reps AOL who owns Time Warner who owns New Line. So I'm left with criminal federal prosecution, and that, from Germany. Which is the next step. Lucky for me, I have a German friend atty who's doing that for a rate I can actually pay. Keep your eyes on "The Watch" by New Line, and remember the names "Remagen Bridge" which my script was about, and "Arnheim" which will be the bridge their film's about, since I confronted them. The old Hollywood story, change a cat to a dog, New York to L.A., and keep the unknowns unknown.

Comment

Working...
      X