Querying same management company with different scripts?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Querying same management company with different scripts?

I have two scripts ready to query around - a fantasy-adventure and a comedy (and, yeah, I've digested the un-wisdom of querying as a first-timer with different genres. I've got the two scripts written, so ... I don't want to just sit on them).

For the fantasy-adventure, I started sending queries about a month ago. I got some read requests, submitted some scripts, and that's moving along.

I want to start querying the comedy now.

My question is -- is it OK to send the comedy query to managers/agents at the same companies I sent my fantasy-adventure query to? I imagine I should avoid double-querying at companies that actually requested my fantasy-adventure script, but what about companies whom I queried, but heard nothing back?

I should note that I give managers/agents a month to respond to a query, then I move on and query another manager/agent at the same company, so *potentially* - in a lucky week - I could have two managers at the same company request my different scripts.

Would that be a problem?

Should I wait until all potential with my fantasy-adventure is dead before I attempt anything with the comedy?

Thanks, as always, for thoughts.

Re: Querying same management company with different scripts?

If they don't respond to a query then sure - hit them up again. I've queried the same individuals three or four times with different scripts and sometimes the last one will get a positive response. If they have requested a script and passed on it (or ignored it) they will usually ignore you again. But if a particular agent or manager passes, try someone else at the same company. What do you have to lose?

Comment

I'm in the same boat, I have two scripts I both like though they are different genres. I am targeting the agents/managers with the rom-com and most of the prod's with the thriller. In a month or so I'll send the opposite if I get no responses by then.

Comment

I had no master plan with that. I just started with the fantasy adventure. Not targeting production companies at all, though. Just managers and agents.

Once I start sending out the comedy, I guess I'll just mix and match, make sure not to query the same person in the same 30 days or so. Not worry so much about queries in to two different people at the same company (except those that actually request the script).

What are the chances they'd BOTH request a script? I think that problem wouldn't bother me a lot.

Comment

Working...
        X