X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Originally posted by GornCaptain View Post
    Andrew's read a number of my scripts over the last 2 or 3 years, and his notes have been invaluable. So much so that I just received my first offer to sign with a manager. Couldn't have arrived at this point without Andrew's insightful notes and his encouragement. You won't find better value for your money-- honestly, his rates are too low! Looking forward to continuing to send him my scripts, as long as he's available!
    That's fantastic! Congrats. Keep us updated.

FYI, current availability is April 15th forward... Book soon...
    NOTES / COVERAGE
    15,000+ Screenplays
    [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by MontanaHans View Post
      Congrats Gorn who'd you sign with!?
      Thanks Montana! Category 5 Entertainment. One of the managers there really responded to my latest script, so hopefully good things are on the horizon. And I know that without a doubt, Andrew's notes were instrumental in making the script better.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
        That's fantastic! Congrats. Keep us updated.

FYI, current availability is April 15th forward... Book soon...
        Thanks Andrew! Finishing up a polish on it this week, and then it'll soon go out to some people. Keep you posted...

Comment

Please check your email, Andrew.

Cheers.

Comment

Originally posted by one seven spectrum View Post
            Please check your email, Andrew.

Cheers.
            I got back to you right? I sometimes struggle to connect usernames and real names, and a busted wrist saw me on Vicodin the last two days.
            NOTES / COVERAGE
            15,000+ Screenplays
            [email protected]

Comment

Argh! Sounds painful, how'd you do that?

I'll email you again. It's Evan.

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post
                I got back to you right? I sometimes struggle to connect usernames and real names, and a busted wrist saw me on Vicodin the last two days.
                I thought your wife said no more surfing after the last accident?
                If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
                Dave Barry

Comment

Hello Andrew, I emailed you yesterday for more info on your services. Perhaps you didn't receive it. Sorry to hear about your wrist too.

Comment

It was basketball this time. I play twice a week, get injured almost as often.

Ck, send me another email to [email protected]. Perhaps my gmail filtered you out.
                    NOTES / COVERAGE
                    15,000+ Screenplays
                    [email protected]

Comment

So I've hit a roadblock with a rewrite im meant to be doing...

Look out for a an email soon mechanic.
                      One meets his destiny often in the road he takes to avoid it. - French Proverb

Comment

Originally posted by OzFade View Post
                        So I've hit a roadblock with a rewrite im meant to be doing...

Look out for a an email soon mechanic.
                        Will do. Just keep in mind I get booked-up well ahead of time. And good luck!
                        NOTES / COVERAGE
                        15,000+ Screenplays
                        [email protected]

Comment

Gorn! That's amazing! Major props my friend. Hope they sell your spec!

Andrew, my script is still coming this week. Have you tried snorting the Vicodin? It takes effect faster. :0

SMASH TO:

BLACK

Comment

Once again, Andrew's insight proved valuable. Went with his services earlier in the process than I normally would, with a two day old first draft. Called me on my BS, and offered salient story points to dwell on. Saved me hours of staring at the flashing cursor for the rewrite.

Comment

(Very) long time lurker, first time poster.

I've been involved in the industry for a few years now - a smattering of credits, a few projects which have fallen through the cracks - and have dealt with a variety of readers and reader services along the way. I've never come across anyone who takes the job as seriously as Andrew.

Andrew covered two of my scripts. Not only did he return the coverage earlier than promised, but his notes were comprehensive, spot on, and peppered with detail. I could tell immediately there was no skimming or glossing.

I can not tell you how many times I've received coverage where major details regarding character or plot were incorrect in the synopsis. And, as we all know, if the reader is missing major plot points in the synopsis, the coverage is more or less rendered irrelevant. Not so with Andrew. The synopsis for both scripts was on the money. He saw everything. Themes, subplots, all of it. Again, the attention to detail was not only appreciated, but validated the work.

In short, if you are looking to have your work covered, you should look no further. When using a service, I've found that too often you are beholden to the tastes of the reader as opposed to a reader who looks at each work on its individual merits. There are no such concerns with Andrew.

Lastly, I'd like to congratulate Andrew for his appearance in this month's Script Magazine. The article not only contains quotes from Andrew on the importance of having your work covered, but also lists him as one of the top coverage experts in the industry. Well done and well deserved!

Comment

Fear not, I'm still reading for now...

http://www.deadline.com/2011/06/rob-...in-the-desert/
                                NOTES / COVERAGE
                                15,000+ Screenplays
                                [email protected]

Comment

Working...
                                X