No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Latest Writer's Store/Insider 15 page Contest

Good luck bmcthomas and MacGuffin!
    "Do just once what others say you can't do, and you will never pay attention to their limitations again." -[/SIZE] James R. Cook

Comment

Originally posted by JoJo View Post
      Good luck bmcthomas and MacGuffin!
      Thanks, JoJo!

Comment

Entered as well. Good luck everyone.

Comment

They have extended the deadline again, to October 15, with finalists being announced in November instead of October. I'm not exactly filled with confidence about the legitimacy of this competition.

Comment

Originally posted by bmcthomas View Post
            They have extended the deadline again, to October 15, with finalists being announced in November instead of October. I'm not exactly filled with confidence about the legitimacy of this competition.
            Wonder if that changes the 12 week finalist phase to 10
            Last edited by itsallgood; 10-03-2012, 08:05 AM. Reason: number

Comment

Originally posted by itsallgood View Post
              Wonder if that changes the 12 week finalist phase to 10
              The website still says 12 weeks and lists the finalist phase as "November 2012 to February 2013".

Comment

I've never entered one of these contests, but I get emails about them from the Writers Store, and it seems to me they have extended the deadline at least twice in every one of them. Not sure why, and I don't think anyone wanting to enter should count on that happening, but it seems to be the case. Good luck to all!
                "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

According to their Facebook page, finalists will be announced later this week, but will be individually notified before that. So you've either already heard, or will hear soon, if you made it.

Comment

Thanks for the head's up!

Comment

The list is up.

http://www.writersstore.com/industry...usannah-grant/

I'm a runner up. Which actually feels worse than if I had not been on the list at all. SO CLOSE.

Comment

The list is up.

http://www.writersstore.com/industry...usannah-grant/

I'm a runner up. Which actually feels worse than if I had not been on the list at all. SO CLOSE.
                        At least you are a runner's up, congrats! I'm going to read the finalist entries when they come out. Hey, I think you did great . Now to decide whether to pursue my idea, which I still like...

Comment

Originally posted by itsallgood View Post
                          At least you are a runner's up, congrats! I'm going to read the finalist entries when they come out. Hey, I think you did great . Now to decide whether to pursue my idea, which I still like...
                          I can't really figure out why they bothered to list the runners up, actually. I haven't been contacted privately, so I don't think we get anything. Other than knowing we were almost good enough, but not.

Comment

I can't really figure out why they bothered to list the runners up, actually. I haven't been contacted privately, so I don't think we get anything. Other than knowing we were almost good enough, but not.
                            Think of it as being a Semi Finalist, which is still up there. I see your point though, so close.

Comment

Bmcthomas, this may be the last thing you want to hear but I would take being runner-up as a mark that your writing is up to par -- actually more that up to par, good even, considering the number of entries they usually get. It may simply be that the finalists had a tone that fit better with the Screenwriter selecting the final scripts.

Honestly, I would have been very happy as a runner-up it means I'm getting better, I'm improving, my work is at a level respectable to a professional. At risk of sounding like another self loathing writer, it's set backs of not even placing that make me question if I even progressed my craft. So take this how you will, but this is a good thing because it means when you submit again whether to contest or for representation you know you are that much closer to professional level writing.

Comment

Originally posted by etwriter View Post
                                Bmcthomas, this may be the last thing you want to hear but I would take being runner-up as a mark that your writing is up to par -- actually more that up to par, good even, considering the number of entries they usually get. It may simply be that the finalists had a tone that fit better with the Screenwriter selecting the final scripts.

Honestly, I would have been very happy as a runner-up it means I'm getting better, I'm improving, my work is at a level respectable to a professional. At risk of sounding like another self loathing writer, it's set backs of not even placing that make me question if I even progressed my craft. So take this how you will, but this is a good thing because it means when you submit again whether to contest or for representation you know you are that much closer to professional level writing.
                                Thanks. I just needed a day to feel bitter and sorry for myself before shaking it off and moving forward. I wrote my first screenplay in February, so I guess it is progress to have made it this far in that amount of time. But that was the main reason I wanted to advance in this contest - I really wanted that mentorship program. Oh well. Maybe a couple of the finalists will meet with mysterious accidents. Don't mind me as I walk away whistling innocently...

Comment

Working...
                                X