Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wer

What a refreshing addition to the werewolf genre and an object lesson in tight storytelling on a limited budget. Graphic violence that undoes the damage Twilight did to werewolves, making them a brutal force of nature once again.

To avoid any disappointment I should point out that the character is more hairy man than anything else but don't let that put you off, it's a rollicking good ride.

Stay away if you're squeamish.
    M.A.G.A.

Re: Wer

What is this showing on?

Comment

Originally posted by sherbetbizarre View Post
      What is this showing on?
      Prime Video: Wer
      “Nothing is what rocks dream about” ― Aristotle

Comment

Thanks, can't turn down a good Werewolf movie. I'll give it a shot

Comment

Remember, don't expect the usual werewolves - it's more of an explanation, 'here is were the werewolf legend comes from' - and don't expect all out action. The first half is more Primal Fear.
          M.A.G.A.

Comment

And do yourself a favour - don't watch the trailer.
            M.A.G.A.

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
              Stay away if you're squeamish.
              Who doesn't love a good squeam?
              Know this: I'm a lazy amateur, so trust not a word what I write.
              "The ugly can be beautiful. The pretty, never." ~ Oscar Wilde

Comment

Thanks for the recommendation, I thought it was great.

SPOILER ALERT

I'd have changed the ending a little as I'm not 100% sure what happened, plus it went from a smarter movie to a more bash-em-up, but either way I enjoyed the ride.

Comment

You're welcome. It's also a good example of how good films can be (literally) underrated by audiences, judging by the IMDb/RT scores.

It really was a novel take and packed with several surprises. The raw power was almost tangible and only the Vader scene is Rogue One matched it for the sheer sense of 'ooh, you're ****ed now!' and ensuing brutality.

As for the end......

SPOILERS

Either Talan is still at large or Gavin is now running amok. As Talan's body was never recovered, and Gavin was eager to say werewolves exist, I think it's implied that Talan lived an is continuing in his old ways and Gavin is trying to live a normal life as best he can.

You may also like Howl (2015) especially as it's a low-budget, contained horror, but it wasn't for me.
                  Last edited by SundownInRetreat; 06-17-2020, 04:11 PM.
                  M.A.G.A.

Comment

Will check it out. Thanks for sharing. Haven't seen a good werewolf pic since Dog Soldiers.
                    #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by Ire View Post
                      Will check it out. Thanks for sharing. Haven't seen a good werewolf pic since Dog Soldiers.
                      Oh that is a fab film! I hope you saw the official version and not the cut-to-ribbons version that aired as it went straight to Sci-Fi TV in the USA.

'Sausages....'

'There is no Spoon'.

'Come and have a go if you think you're hard enough!'

'I hope I give you the shits!'

M.A.G.A.

Comment

Oh yes, I did see the original version.
                        #writinginaStarbucks #re-thinkingmyexistence #notanotherweaklogline #thinkingwhatwouldWilldo

Comment

Originally posted by SundownInRetreat View Post
                          You're welcome. It's also a good example of how good films can be (literally) underrated by audiences, judging by the IMDb/RT scores.
                          Based on experience, if RT liked it, I probably will too. But if they don’t like it, that doesn’t mean much. I’ll watch a movie despite negative reviews, if the concept sounds fun.

Comment

Working...
                          X