Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Top 20 Movies Men Cry to

I'm sure it's vastly different for every bipedal male that isn't too embarrassed to admit it, but click here to check out what eHarmony (of all places) suggests to be the all-around top twenty films that can most reliably make the average man turn on the waterworks.

Being a guy I certainly don't agree with all of the choices.

Re: Top 20 Movies Men Cry to

Brian's Song definitely -- and when they killed off Don Murray's character in the Knotts Landing on the operating table and -- oh crap, I need a tissue
    "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

Where the hell is Field of Dreams, It's a Wonderful Life, The ending to Terminator 2??

Actually I'm kidding about that last one, but the list has some glaring omissions if you ask me.
      Frosties are just Cornflakes for people who can't face reality.

Comment

Originally posted by Cycstorm View Post
        Where the hell is Field of Dreams, It's a Wonderful Life
        I haven't looked at the list, but the first thing I thought was that Field of Dreams would be on there. It's simply not an accurate list otherwise.

Comment

What about Hoosiers?

What about Good Will Hunting? That movie was the story of my life except for the fact that i am absolutely horrid at math.
          "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Just like their dating site, this list is pathetic.

Comment

Originally posted by j over View Post
              I'm sure it's vastly different for every bipedal male that isn't too embarrassed to admit it, but click here to check out what eHarmony (of all places) suggests to be the all-around top twenty films that can most reliably make the average man turn on the waterworks.

Being a guy I certainly don't agree with all of the choices.
              I was surfing down in Mex recently and came back to the condo to find my buddy watching The Natural...crying! It was hysterical. I ridiculed him mercilessly.

Comment

Haven't checked out the list yet, but as I am not a crier, I assume these three (the only ones I can recall getting me a bit misty in the eyes) are there:

The Natural - when Redford hits the game-winner, and the lights are reflected in Brimley's eyes. Gets me every time.

Big Fish - when he finally lays his father in the water.

Shawshank Redemption - Brooks' "Farewell Letter" and Red's "I Hope" speech.

Comment

Well, I can't find the list on the link, but to date there have only been two that plucked my emotion chords...

E.T.
                  The Lion King.

I can watch E.T now and be ok, but The Lion King will get me every time.

Comment

field of dreams and the deer hunter immediately came to my mind

Comment

Since I'm mostly moved by moments of self-sacrifice, my list would have to start with the ending of Deep Impact. When the astronauts say goodbye to their families, I'm bawling like a baby. And when Leelee Sobieski's parents strap their baby to her, throw her on the dirtbike with Frodo and tell them to get to higher ground, I absolutely lose it.

And (I'm embarrassed to admit), I cried straight through the entire final 45 minutes of Titanic. As soon as the bagpipe music comes up and the poor people all start realizing their fvcked. Whaaa! I couldn't give a sh!t about the love story in that film, but the musicians on the deck - awesome.

Anyway - those are the two off the top of my head. And yeah, I agree with Field Of Dreams. The "let's play catch Dad" scene gets me every time.

AC
                      "I've got vision up the butt, so just go with it!" - Dewey Finn, School of Rock

Comment

I'll second Deep Impact. It was written for that sort of impact and it works. I was pretty close also when I saw Forest Gump in the theater and Forest meets little Forest and trys to ask if little Forest is like him.

R.O.T.

Comment

It's hard for a film to make me cry or even get me misty. Even so, there is one film that's gotten me misty, that I recall, and it's (you ready for this?)....

Sweet November

There. I said it.

(possible spoiler)

When he's blindfolded. Reaching out for her and grabs...nothing. She's gone. :/

(end spoiler)

The only film/TV episode that's actually gotten me to cry (and I believe this has only happened once in recorded history) was the last five minutes of the series finale of Six Feet Under. The whole series was a brutal rollercoaster ride and that ending was just....damn.

Comment

Schindler's List easy.

And One Flew Over the Cukoo's Nest has always been my male
                            Steel Magnolias.
                            "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
                            - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by CutteRug View Post
                              Since I'm mostly moved by moments of self-sacrifice, my list would have to start with the ending of Deep Impact. When the astronauts say goodbye to their families, I'm bawling like a baby. And when Leelee Sobieski's parents strap their baby to her, throw her on the dirtbike with Frodo and tell them to get to higher ground, I absolutely lose it.
                              Those scenes didn't really get me, but the part where Tea Leoni walks into see her co-worker and little girl sitting there, waiting to die, and then giving up her seat so they can live - that put a lump in my throat.

Comment

Working...
                              X