Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mr. Right

Stars Sam Rockwell, Anna Kendrick and Tim Roth. It's a romcom where Anna's character meets Sam's reformed hitman who's on the run from Roth's bad guy. Funny, but lots of dead bodies.

It was released in April. In 35 theaters. For one week. Total worldwide gross $34k.

It deserved far more. The three leads are great. The action is good, no huge expensive spectaculars or buildings exploding but the fights were well done. It looks good, the story is simple but fun, Rockwell is weird, Kendrick is as cute as a box full of puppies, Roth is great and there are good supporting performances from various baddies and Kendrick's two flatmates.

I assume it was made independently and the big distributors all passed because of the violence. Which is a shame because it has far less violence and blood than say Shaun Of The Dead for example.

Anyone see it?

As a writer if something I wrote was bought and people like Anna Kendrick, Sam Rockwell and Tim Roth signed up I'd be delighted. For it to end up with a worldwide gross that would barely cover the cost of a used Prius is awful.

Re: Mr. Right

Great flick. Max Landis, I think.

Comment

Working...
    X