Question for Michaelb (clients productivity)

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Question for Michaelb (clients productivity)

Thanks, Michael. Tonight I'm sending out two hundred emails with the subject line 'concerning your recent indiscretions' wish me luck!
    It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Originally posted by Jules View Post
      Thanks, Michael. Tonight I'm sending out two hundred emails with the subject line 'concerning your recent indiscretions' wish me luck!
      Funny..........and I hope you're kidding.
      twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

I've actually done it once before, just the once, and got a reply in less than two minutes.

Comment

I've actually done it once before, just the once, and got a reply in less than two minutes.
          That is pretty funny.

Comment

And the reply said?
            twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

It didn't acknowledge the subject line, it was just a quick request for the script. This was a couple of years ago, a pretty successful manager, and supposedly a cool guy. I imagine there's plenty of people who would react differently to it. Was an 'elevated' creature feature I shall remain forever enthused by.
              Last edited by Jules; 05-18-2012, 12:02 AM.

Comment

I heard someone once mentioned their previous reps in the subject title of an email when querying. Do you think that would garner better reads from reps Michael, just based on the fact that if the reps mentioned are decent, the new rep would think "Hey, these guys might be different from the rest?"

Of course this method doesn't help if you weren't repped before.

EJ

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
                  I heard someone once mentioned their previous reps in the subject title of an email when querying. Do you think that would garner better reads from reps Michael, just based on the fact that if the reps mentioned are decent, the new rep would think "Hey, these guys might be different from the rest?"

Of course this method doesn't help if you weren't repped before.

EJ
                  Depends on the manager you are querying honestly. If you send me an email saying "Hi, I used to be with Manager you've never heard of" that does nothing. On the flip side, sending a smaller manager one that says "Hi, I used to be with Manager at big firm" that may help. But then again, if you've already had a manger, it means you should have formed relationships with execs who would be willing to help you find a manager, so you shouldn't have to be querying.

Best,

Michael
                  twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Books worth reading.

http://www.amazon.com/Producers-Busi...7369002&sr=8-2

A bit older but great. http://www.amazon.com/Independent-Fe...7369002&sr=8-5

And this is just a great read because Don was a legend (all be it for both great business and not so great personal reasons). http://www.amazon.com/High-Concept-S...2&sr=1-1-spell
                    twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

The Don Simpson book is selling for $234 dollars. Yikes. Maybe you can lend me your copy.

Comment

$8.99
                        twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

Michael, how tapped into ddp is the industry; if I tell people I'm 'Jules from Done Deal Pro' is that going to help me to get read?

Apologies in advance for wasting your time.

Comment

Michael, how tapped into ddp is the industry; if I tell people I'm 'Jules from Done Deal Pro' is that going to help me to get read?

Apologies in advance for wasting your time.
                            Ha. No. Most don't.
                            twitter.com/mbotti

Comment

So I should probably stop signing my queries with Craig Mazin then?!

EJ

Comment

Another Q for you Michael.

What do you say to newbie writers who want to be involved somehow with producing their script as well, whether full producer or co-producer. I noticed Carson's recent sale had him attached as a producer, I assume he will be co-producer, which I understand is widely regarded as a joke role. Is this something (if you are interested in producing) you would encourage your clients to do? How do you deal with these types of requests from your clients?

EJ

Comment

Working...
                                X