I just completed my contained thriller!!!!

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I just completed my contained thriller!!!!

Wow that was hard. A lot of fun, but extremely hard when you've got nothing to else to cut away to or from or lots of other characters and not much dialogue either. Much harder than I thought.

It's come out around 75 pages but I need to flesh a few more scenes out and I think it will get to about 80 pages by the time I'm done.

Any one else written any contained thrillers? How did you cope? Did you get through it okay? Did you struggle? Did you find it easy?

When I've polished it up a little more I will be happy to let people see it if they want.

Re: I just completed my contained thriller!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!!!

Contained thrillers are easy to write.

Comment

HA.

Then you've obviously never written one.

Comment

Your Question : Did you find it easy?

My Answer : Contained thrillers are easy to write.

And you're right. I've written 2.
        Last edited by MCuk; 04-10-2011, 01:33 AM.

Comment

Your Question : Did you find it easy?

My Answer : Contained thrillers are easy to write.

Did YOU find it easy? Did YOU struggle with it? Did YOU enjoy it?

I wasn't asking for your generalizations on whether contained thrillers are easy to write.

And you're write. I've written 2.

If you've written two, then no, I am wrong.

But if they were easy for you, I'm going to go out on a limb here and guess there not going to blow me away. Maybe that's why you're having difficulty getting read requests.

Comment

Did I find it easy? Yes.
            Did I find it a struggle? No.
            Did I enjoy it? Sure, why not?

I like how in a majority of your replies, you start out trying to be sensible, reasonable, and considerate for other members replies. Then you slowly slip away into condescending and personal attacks.

This must be what goes on in your mind.
            This guy doesn't agree with me. I'm going to click his screen name and look through his old topics. Okay, he's optioned something... oh here's one. He's having a hard time getting a script read. Let's use this as my defense mechanism. *Types reply*. Let's go back and look through his topics again. Oh... pages. Let's read those, and try to come back with another snarky response.

How can you expect people to respect your opinions/criticism if you have no respect for others. Grow up, mate.

Comment

HAHA this is classic.

Yes I clicked on your name, sometimes I like to figure out people a little.

But I see it was YOU who first posted into one of my other threads about a week ago, leaving a... guess what folks... snarky comment.

And then YOU come onto this thread, leaving a somewhat snarky or atleast a smart-ass remark.

And now YOU are playing the victim of this, commenting on how I like to go around starting legitimate threads and then purposely drag them down. HAHA.

You can leave now feeling satifisfied that you have illuminated ME as the person who dragged this down.

Bravo, bravo, well done.

Comment

I answered your question and I even said congratulations.

Comment

Hey congratulations to you too.

Keep on trucking.

Comment

I'm going to steer this back to the OP's thread starter and say congrats.

I don't find contained thriller's that interesting so I prefer not to write them, however I can see where there would be positives and negatives when it comes to writing them.

I too just finished a new spec, and while I have no experience/passion in contained stories, I do understand that sigh of relief when you finish a draft of a new story.

For me, I get the same light-headedness and relaxed state of mind that I get from my post-coital cigarettes.

The fun has only begun though. Rewrites ahead, many more to follow, as always.

Congrats

Comment

Logline.
                      It's the eye of the Tiger, it's the thrill of the fight

Comment

Hey spectrum, what's your new spec about?

Hmmm, logline, you know what, I actually haven't thought of one for this project, which is unusual for me because I do tend to create them first.

okay how about this just of the top of my head:

A young woman, locked in a trunk of a car struggles to survive her ordeal, while her kidnappers fumble the ransom request.

I know that's rubbish, just thinking out loud.

I guess the problem I'm struggling with here, unlike my other projects, is that this isn't 'high concept'.

Comment

My new spec is a supernatural action/thriller set in present day Afghanistan, titled THE FALL.

I posted a few pages in the "Script Pages - Advanced" section of the forum.

Comment

I just finished the first draft of contained thriller too. And I did struggle with it, it wasn't easy.

I also came up short on the page count... And on a few of the characters. They need fleshing out more and the twist at the end is missing with a few people, they're not getting it, because I opted to go for visual exposition rather than the showdown talking at each other way.

Tough going. Working on a second draft now.

Comment

Hey Samuel, for me it was strange as it the fastest script (first draft) that I've ever written, but simulataneously the hardest. You'd think it would be the other way around. Hard equally slow and easy equally fast.

What's your contained thriller about?

I'd like to see it when it's done, yours to spectrum.

By the way, what is your current page count? How short is it?

I'm pretty sure mine will come out around 80, maybe a little higher, by the time i'm finished.

Do you guys think 80 is an acceptable page count for a feature.

Comment

Working...
                              X