No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Soloist Trailer

Originally posted by Prometheus View Post
    Just saw this last night. Downey was very good, but would have preferred a latino actor portraying Lopez. On the other hand, the film might have not been made without Downey's star power. Foxx does plays Nathaniel convincingly, although half the time I couldn't understand what was coming out of his mouth. Anybody else see this?
    **SPOILER***

I did. Of two opinions, really. I think Foxx and Downey were excellent, but the story/script was just........meh. Took my 16 year old cellist son, and he felt the same. Just ............meh. Some good moments (the cello playing in the tunnel, the shopping cart on the ramps, etc) but it totally did not move us emotionally at all. Having worked w/homeless in the past, it certainly should have, but I felt absolutely nothing about Foxx's character. Or Downey's. The whole thing just seemed rather pointless to me.

Comment

Re: The Soloist Trailer

Met up with Nathaniel last night at Ralph's here in Downtown btw.
      I congratulated him, but, given his condition, I don't know if he took it in kind. I wish there was cure for it.
      "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
      - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Working...
      X