Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Netflix's The Umbrella Academy

binged on this series the other day and was surprised right away with how entertaining it was. i think the characters really shine. they are well crafted, hilarious and moving.

i will admit that i figured out the big series twist in the first episode as i believe many will, too. but there are surprises where the characters go. in the last episode the Klaus and Ben evolution was a little too convenient. i may have missed something in a previous episode.

the music is a really fun, entertaining element in the entire work as well.

now i'm binging on OZARK-- another surprise.

anyone else see it?
    "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Re: Netflix's The Umbrella Academy

Just finished UA this evening. Really enjoyed it and it actually held my sleep deprived attention. Thought that 5 held his own against the older more experienced actors
    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
      Just finished UA this evening. Really enjoyed it and it actually held my sleep deprived attention. Thought that 5 held his own against the older more experienced actors
      it's like sure, i can absolutely believe he's 58. he did an awesome job, you're right. he had that indignant superiority down pat.

i loved when cha cha's ear was on fire. that whole sequence was fierce, among other fun times.

what i wasn't expecting is the "i heard a rumor..." on 7.

maybe in season 2 they'll go back in time and be able to get a little revenge on good ole dad. learning who killed him was a good play-- got them all together.

of course, MOM was obvious at the get go, but still really rooted in a specific character that did not deviate. i liked that a lot. made it easier to suspend disbelief.

finished Ozark season 1 & 2 last night. another really good show. S2 ended well.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

The Umbrella academy was great! That Number Five kid and the guy from Rushmore should get together and have coffee.

Comment

Working...
        X