Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: "The A-Team" Headed for the Big Screen

Thanks for that. Wondered who they'd go to next. I remember Kevin Brodbin did one of the earlier drafts. I always thought Shane Black would be a good fit to write it. Casting will be interesting.

Comment

Originally posted by Dirge View Post
      Who should they cast?

Well, BA Baracus should go to Mr. T, he's iconic in the role, damn it! But if not, I can see Ving Rhames or Micheal Clarke Duncan in the role.

George Clooney as Hannibal...

Brad Pitt as Faceman...

And... Believe it or not, I think Jim Carrey would make a stellar Murdock.
      From what I hear, Carrey's not much of an team player.
      Last edited by Signal30; 12-13-2007, 04:45 PM.
      "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Derek Haas and Michael Brandt seem to have their finger in a lot remakes. I've been seeing their names pop up a lot recently.

I have the sneaky suspicion Tyrese Gibson has been casted as B.A. Baracus
        -- Another Writer

Comment

This is a TV series worth getting right on the big screen. Has lots of potential to be great.
          "I ask every producer I meet if they need TV specs they say yeah. They all want a 40 inch display that's 1080p and 120Hz. So, I quit my job at the West Hollywood Best Buy."
          - Screenwriting Friend

Comment

Originally posted by bobmartin66
            By the way, I also think that Tyrese Gibson is the choice for Mr. T.

I hope you're kidding as Tyrese is hardly a Mr. T. in any way, shape or fashion. If that was their ultimate casting choice, they better just re-invent that whole character.

Comment

I'm assuming that they'll have to reinvent the character anyway... Mr. T is the only person who can get away with saying "I pity da foo'!"

It'd be like remaking a John Wayne movie and having the actor taking the role do a Duke imitation throughout.

Which in a way is one of the things that really bugged me about Superman Returns.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

How about Wanda Sykes for "T"? She can do the attitude just fine and probably kick some butt.

Seriously though, this movie could be done right and attract audiences that weren't born in the early 1980s. The concept of a quirky bunch of do-gooders could be great if it is written as an action with comedy instead of a comedy spoof with action.

R.O.T.

P.S. No MacGyver movie please.

Comment

I hope they keep some of the anarchic spirit... like how they couldn't even duck over to a 7-11 without the damned thing getting all blowed up.

My YouTube channel.

Comment

Wouldn't it be likely that there'd be very few famous names in the casting?

Some movies (like Lord of the Rings, Titanic, Superman, Spiderman etc) get people to go to them just for the name and 'big event'.

If they'd cast someone ultra famous in the main roles they wouldn't be making more at the box office.

Isn't that why the main roles in those films seem to go to relative unknowns. Sure, Kate Winslet was in 'Hamlet', 'Heavenly Creatures', etc before then .. but was she really a famous name?

My prediction is that that the cast will be relative unknowns - with some cameos of 'big names' ... perhaps the main bad guy will be a 'big name' a'la George Clooney.

Mac
                    New blogposts:
                    *Followup - Seeking Investors in all the wrong places
                    *Preselling your film - Learning from the Experts
                    *Getting your indie film onto iTunes
                    *Case Study - Estimating Film profits

Comment

Oh great! Another movie that I will have to explain to my kids that it isn't a NEW idea!

Chipmunks--we had em'. Dukes of Hazz- we had em', Cabbage Patch --not new, Transformers - nope, Herbie-ours, dang..the list goes on and on and on...!

Comment

Working...
                      X