No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Upcoming Scriptshadow book

Originally posted by 8bit Llama View Post
    I heard they were Jurassic Park IV and Pacific Rim, but that's not confirmed by anything other than forum chatter.
    My understanding is that it was Elysium and Transformers 4.

Comment

Originally posted by absolutepower View Post
      My understanding is that it was Elysium and Transformers 4.
      We already have Elysium.

Comment

This whole ScriptShadow bullshit reminds me of the No Church In the Wild video for some reason.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven L. View Post
          This whole ScriptShadow bullshit reminds me of the No Church In the Wild video for some reason.

Does that make Carson Yeezy?

Comment

Originally posted by KJSM View Post
            Does that make Carson Yeezy?
            No. The emotionless statue watching the war between the rioters (aspiring amateurs, blog fans) and the police (studios, pro writers)

Comment

If Nosrac had in the past BEHAVED like a detached third element observing the unruly interface between amateur and pro, I would never have posted on this forum.

But, using the image of the statue, if you'll look more closely I think you'll see lines of manipulation and exploitation running to BOTH opposing mobs of screenwriters, so that the ugly little man ensconced behind the blank stone mask of the statue can instigate trouble with the pros and leech thousand dollar bills from the amateurs -- and do it all with a veneer of no fuss no muss no bother.

Comment

Chris Eads, aka Carson Reeves -- like all the screenwriting gurus -- is a FAILED SCREENWRITER. Yes, he might write some interesting reviews of scripts, but he also appears to miss the boat a lot.
                And if he really knew anything about screenwriting, he wouldn't have failed at it.
                There's the old saying, "A fool and his money are soon parted." Any wanna-be writer who is going to pay money for Carson's book or one of his overpriced reviews is, in my opinion, an idiot.
                The only way to learn and get better is to work hard, read scripts and watch tons of great movies. Period.

Comment

Failed screenwriter, yes, but also failed writer. I grabbed his book's free sample chapter and applied an editor's pen to the FORWARD. That was harrowing enough.

Also, I examine his claim "#1 Screenwriting Blogger in the World." Spoiler: he's plausibly #30 in America.

Comment

YOU OUGHT TO HEAR WHAT THEY'RE SAYING ABOUT YOU ...:

"Acarl - 3 days ago

"I'm not going to paint this with my pretty colors - Thanks to all of the provincial minded jackasses that seemed to live and die for railing against Carson and SS for being borderline criminal and devious in his/its intent. At least you were few and far between as most others in the SS community are blessings to be able to interact with.

"This was a homegrown blog that developed into something more....for the better, you moronic, jealous a**holes.

"The wealth of knowledge that myself and countless others have culled from this site, by the structure from which it operated, has been priceless. The fact that because of (and in many cases-only because of) Carson, writer's became even a blip on the radar screen of this incestuous, walled off industry tells the true story of Carson's intentions. These absurd claims that he's derailed projects from happening and scripts from being sold is just fiction. Bad fiction at that.

"Carson will modify his site so he'll not have to be bludgeoned with mindless drivel and the ilk it drivels forth from. The ones who bitched loudest will boast of how they slayed the feared beast known as Script Shadow until their friends/co-workers get sick of hearing about it. Then, I suppose they'll have to get down to a more serious matter such as-do I have what it takes to make it in this biz.

"So in the end I'm sure whatever Carson creates going forward
                    will prove very rewarding for any and all that are involved. I just hope he doesn't start handing out Greg Focker-esque, 7th place ribbons for the good tryers - nobody improves from that.

"Thank you, Carson"

AND THAT'S A MILD MISSIVE FROM THE SS COMMENTS PAGE. (The overall take is that a firing squad's too good for those who object to the Nosrac way. Watch out, Chiefie!)

Now lock it down. Sorry, but I couldn't resist one last volley from the deck of my script ship sinking into the fiery depths of non-SSdom.

Comment

Originally posted by 10PTTdotcom View Post
                      Failed screenwriter, yes, but also failed writer. I grabbed his book's free sample chapter and applied an editor's pen to the FORWARD. That was harrowing enough.

Also, I examine his claim "#1 Screenwriting Blogger in the World." Spoiler: he's plausibly #30 in America.
                      IBTL just to say thanks for the link as my non-script writing can use a touch up here and there (as opposed to my script writing, which can use it all over).
                      what the head makes cloudy the heart makes very clear

Comment

I think we all need to spend less time arguing about stuff like this and more time writing.

Comment

I agree. We ought to stop arguing about ScriptShadow.

So why do you bring back a thread arguing about ScriptShadow when it was already safely dead and buried ...?

'Tis a puzzlement.

Comment

Working...
                          X