Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Hit List and the Blood List??

No problem saying that mine's COUNTERPOINT.

Comment

This is why I use my own name, so I can get all the congratulations.

Seriously, though, I had no idea so many DDPers had specs out this year. This is great!

Good job, us!
      Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by EJ Pennypacker View Post
        Checking in that I made it with MAN CLUB. Congrats to those also on the list. Even if nothing happens, it's nice to make it on some list, other than my wife's Xmas shopping list.

EJ
        Congrats to you and all who made it on the list!

Man Club sounds really good, man!

Comment

So I guess ScriptShadow is going to send out all of the Hit List specs in his newsletter tonight... same way he did the Blood List.

Comment

Originally posted by Steven L. View Post
            So I guess ScriptShadow is going to send out all of the Hit List specs in his newsletter tonight... same way he did the Blood List.
            Newsletter was sent yesterday, one script from the Blood List, 'February' - he won't review it though.

Comment

Congratulations to everyone who made it on either list, in any spot! Well done! Hope you make the Black List, too! Good career luck in the New Year! Screw those Mayans. They couldn't even keep it together to make it to the end of their own calendar. (But just in case, hurry up Franklin...)
              "The Hollywood film business is a cruel and shallow money trench, a long plastic hallway where thieves and pimps run free, and good men die like dogs. There's also a negative side." Hunter S Thompson

Comment

Great to see many names I know from here and TB doing the business. Maybe I'll actually put something OUT next year, never mind getting on a list!
                @MacBullitt

Comment

My goal (and I'm completely serious) is to make it to the top of this and the other "lists" out there. My WP and I have been working on our script for a long time now, and will be releasing it into the wild in 2013.

We've gotten good coverage and feedback so far, and made the quarter finals of Page awards 2012 with our first draft. So, we knew we had a lot of work to do to get it as market ready as possible.

My point here is that these lists are awesome..yes, there are some lower level ones, maybe someone just trying to make a quick buck, but I think we all know the real big ones you want to be on.

Its my opinion that in the internet age, potential suitors have turned to the internet and the technology it offers to find potential talent and the next big hit or writer. Think about it...if you are an agent, or producer, or whoever, looking for the cream of the crop...these lists already do that for you! now you can just cherry pick from the "best of the best". So,making these list(s) is just more great exposure and eyes that will see your work. period.

geez, what was it like before the internet??!!!

ps: those that say these lists suck and are dumb....have never been on one, nor most likely nor will they ever.
                  Last edited by ChristopherCurtis; 12-20-2012, 12:49 PM. Reason: grammar, after all this is a writers forum!
                  • Go and do likewise gents..

Comment

I just wanted to add that these lists and contests, are no different than "battle of the bands" winners and runners up. It's just a way to pool the "talent" all in one place, which they can then profit from by either being built into a deal that is made, or selling the information, OR selling advertising or cross promoting. Its 2013 and the way of doing things , and I LOVE IT!

Comment

For those of you who say lists are dumb..tell that to the people on the 2010 list..look at the movies..

http://www.tracking-board.com/the-hi...010-full-list/

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
                        My goal (and I'm completely serious) is to make it to the top of this and the other "lists" out there.
                        Chris, your goal should be to SELL the script. These lists are nice, but if you don't sell the script, the lists don't get you all that far.

Comment

Originally posted by Teris View Post
                          Chris, your goal should be to SELL the script. These lists are nice, but if you don't sell the script, the lists don't get you all that far.
                          and as the list demonstrates, nearly all of these specs are either in production or active development somewhere already, and the writers were repped or managed when the scripts originally went out

Comment

Originally posted by Teris View Post
                            getting on these top tier lists, greatly enhances you ability to sell your script, which is why it is my goal which IS to sell it and these lists help do that. not guaranteed of course, but huge exposure, buzz, and great place to be.

Comment

Congrats all!

Comment

Originally posted by ChristopherCurtis View Post
                                getting on these top tier lists, greatly enhances you ability to sell your script, which is why it is my goal which IS to sell it and these lists help do that. not guaranteed of course, but huge exposure, buzz, and great place to be.

How does one get on these list? To get on it do you need representation?

Comment

Working...
                                X