BREAKING NEWS! Zack Snyder directing SUPERMAN.

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: BREAKING NEWS! Zack Snyder directing SUPERMAN.

Originally posted by Tochirta View Post
    "This attitude stems from the threat (which we've pointed out previously) that if Warner Bros. doesn't have a new Superman film in production by 2011 (for release in 2012), they'll be subject some unfriendly lawsuits (which could result in losing the character rights to the heirs of Superman creator Jerry Siegel)."

Can someone explain to me how that works exactly? How do you avoid a lawsuit by rushing a film?
    There are certain elements of Superman and the Superman lore that were created by Siegel & Schuster prior to their selling the property to DC.

The S&S heirs have been fighting DC for years over money they claimed they are owed. This latest ruling will give them a leg up in court come 2013. If they win, they would then control certain facets of the Superman IP -- I believe Krypton is included -- that they could then bar Warner Bros / DC from using...or at least charge them an arm and a leg to use.

This explains it better than I can:

http://www.deadline.com/2008/03/fede...man-copyright/

Comment

I've noticed a lot of people seem to have issues with Zack Snyder as a director, but I think he's got a great grasp on stylized violence. He adds artistry to what would otherwise be bland and I dig his style. When he's got a great script, he really puts out a great product. Superman should have a great script, so I can't wait to see what he pulls off.

Comment

Originally posted by scripto80 View Post
        Superman should have a great script...
        Yes, it SHOULD. But word is it's got issues, so....

Comment

People I think would be cool to be involved:
          a) I'm fine with Goyer.
          b) How about someone geeky with some innocent optimism, like the Kent farm is all about?? I'm thinking Jon Favreau, Damon Lindeloff, or Terry Rossio? Andrew Stanton? Brad Bird? Peter Docter?? How about Tim McCanlies?

Anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X