No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The SOCIAL NETWORK

xxxxx
    Last edited by Deion22; 11-28-2010, 06:43 PM.

Re: The SOCIAL NETWORK

my opinion is that you should learn that a script and a film are two different mediums

barley
    Originally posted by Great White Mark
    Film is art? Just a tip, it's called show business, not show art.

Comment

I personally thought it was one of the best scripts I'd read in ages. But then, I was interested in the origins of Facebook anyway. I'm glad David Fincher is at the helm, he's a great director.

Comment

I would rather actually go on Facebook than watch a movie about how it all started and the suits behind it. Sorkin is good, but he's also human, and Fincher is definitely not infallible. Did anyone see Benjamin Button? That was like some torturous sleep deprivation experiment just trying to make it through to the end.

I don't care who else comes on to this project...my interest will more than likely remain at absolute zero. Nothing about this interests me.

Comment

I agree with you on Ben Button, probably Fincher's worst. But I blame the writer (and Forrest Gump is one of my favourite films)

Comment

Originally posted by CrackDown View Post
            I agree with you on Ben Button, probably Fincher's worst. But I blame the writer (and Forrest Gump is one of my favourite films)
            Gump is sugary and overrated, yet still a thousand times better than BB.

Without Tom Hanks's brilliant performance, Gump would be the most embarrassingly awful film ever made, most likely. It would basically be Benjamin Button.

Comment

I read the script for THE SOCIAL NETWORK the other day and thought it was pretty awesome. Looking forward to the movie. If Michael Cera pulls off the lead, it'll be huge for his career and I'll like him a whole lot more. Not to say I dislike him, but he does come across as one note. The protagonist in THE SOCIAL NETWORK (Mark Zuckerberg) is dark and complex. Should be interesting.
              QUESTICLES -- It's about balls on a mission.

Comment

Originally posted by Knaight View Post
                I read the script for THE SOCIAL NETWORK the other day and thought it was pretty awesome. Looking forward to the movie. If Michael Cera pulls off the lead, it'll be huge for his career and I'll like him a whole lot more. Not to say I dislike him, but he does come across as one note. The protagonist in THE SOCIAL NETWORK (Mark Zuckerberg) is dark and complex. Should be interesting.
                That's Jesse Eisenberg not Michael Cera. I confuse them all the time too.
                Nobody's perfect.

Comment

Originally posted by JRS3 View Post
                  That's Jesse Eisenberg not Michael Cera. I confuse them all the time too.
                  Wow. Shame on me for not doing my research.

That said, I can see Jesse Eisenberg pulling it off. Too bad Michael Cera's not doing it, though, it would have been interesting to see if he could make it work.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard View Post
                    I would rather actually go on Facebook than watch a movie about how it all started and the suits behind it. Sorkin is good, but he's also human, and Fincher is definitely not infallible. Did anyone see Benjamin Button? That was like some torturous sleep deprivation experiment just trying to make it through to the end.

I don't care who else comes on to this project...my interest will more than likely remain at absolute zero. Nothing about this interests me.
                    I felt the same way. BORING. Boy was I wrong. This script is a case study in how a great writer can transform potentially boring material into very compelling cinema. It's a screenwriting class unto itself. Great read.
                    "People spend so much time focusing on rescuing the princess, they forget how much fun it is to fight the dragon."
                    - Simon Pegg & Nick Frost, DAVE

Comment

I thought the script was kind of awesome.

Looking forward to the movie.

Comment

I found the script very entertaining. Looking forward to seeing what Fincher does with it.

One thing definitely going for the film is a BRILLIANT built-in marketing ploy. I think you can count on the trailers being vigorously posted on Facebook leading up to the release date.

Millions and millions of people will see the trailers without much advertising overhead from the studio.

Comment

Originally posted by loopdesign View Post
                          I felt the same way. BORING. Boy was I wrong. This script is a case study in how a great writer can transform potentially boring material into very compelling cinema. It's a screenwriting class unto itself. Great read.
                          Can you elaborate?

Comment

I'm actually not a huge Sorkin fan because I'd rather watch people doing stuff than taking endlessly before they do stuff, but I was also really surprised at how much I enjoyed what should have been a boring script. This story isn't about Facebook, it's about how a guy allowed his desire for money and fame to isolate him from his friends. That's how Sorkin made it interesting, by focusing on the characters over the plot.
                            Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                              I'm actually not a huge Sorkin fan because I'd rather watch people doing stuff than taking endlessly before they do stuff, but I was also really surprised at how much I enjoyed what should have been a boring script. This story isn't about Facebook, it's about how a guy allowed his desire for money and fame to isolate him from his friends. That's how Sorkin made it interesting, by focusing on the characters over the plot.
                              Spot. On.

Comment

Working...
                              X