Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ben Affleck is...um...Batman?

Ugh...not sure how I feel about this. I seriously thought it was an ill-timed April Fools' joke at first.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...atman/2690301/

"Ending weeks of speculation, Ben Affleck has been set to star as Batman, a.k.a. Bruce Wayne. Affleck and filmmaker Zack Snyder will create an entirely new incarnation of the character in Snyder's as-yet-untitled project—bringing Batman and Superman together for the first time on the big screen and continuing the director's vision of their universe, which he established in Man of Steel. The announcement was made today by Greg Silverman, President, Creative Development and Worldwide Production, and Sue Kroll, President, Worldwide Marketing and International Distribution, Warner Bros. Pictures.

"Affleck will star opposite Henry Cavill, who will reprise the role of Superman/Clark Kent. The film will also reunite "Man of Steel" stars Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane.

"In the announcement, Silverman stated, 'We knew we needed an extraordinary actor to take on one of DC Comics' most enduringly popular Super Heroes, and Ben Affleck certainly fits that bill, and then some. His outstanding career is a testament to his talent and we know he and Zack will bring new dimension to the duality of this character.'
    Affleck is a lot of things, and one of those is an actor, but I wouldn't classify him as an "extraordinary actor."

I hope he and Snyder don't f**k up my all time favorite super hero.

I would've preferred Michael Fassbender.
    "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Re: Ben Affleck is...um...Batman?

If true, I think Affleck may be able to do a good job with this. I'm kinda lukewarm to him in regards his acting abilities, but...I think it might work.

Comment

Fassbender should've been Batman. This is a big screw up by WB. Affleck should be directing the new Batman movie, not acting in it.

Comment

The most important part of Batman is the lips. When your entire face is covered by a mask, you need good lips to pull it off. Ben's got good lips and a manly chin. He'll be fine.

More important is the absolute moronic ridiculous notion that there's going to be another Batman soon. It's getting near impossible to take HW seriously anymore. It's almost to the point where it's embarrassing to even aspire to be part of that industry.

Comment

Fassbender probably too scrawny next to physically imposing Cavil. Affleck has more height, broader shoulders, square jaw, costume will do the rest. He'll be decent.

Originally posted by Optimus View Post
          Ugh...not sure how I feel about this. I seriously thought it was an ill-timed April Fools' joke at first.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/m...atman/2690301/

Affleck is a lot of things, and one of those is an actor, but I wouldn't classify him as an "extraordinary actor."

I hope he and Snyder don't f**k up my all time favorite super hero.

I would've preferred Michael Fassbender.

Comment

Originally posted by mgwriter View Post
            Fassbender probably too scrawny next to physically imposing Cavil. Affleck has more height, broader shoulders, square jaw, costume will do the rest. He'll be decent.
            Fassbender was Stelios in 300. He looked pretty ripped and imposing to me.

Comment

Yep. Besides, they'd put him on a weight training and 'roids...I mean..."protein supplement" regimen several months prior to filming anyway. Bale put on a massive amount of weight from The Machinist to Batman Begins.
              "Tact's just 'not saying true stuff.' " - Cordelia Chase

Comment

The fact that it's Ben Affleck (and all that's associated with that name) is a problem, not his face. It's a distraction and a turnoff.

For eg. let's pretend Robert Pattinson had a little more manlier jaw and was hired for the role instead. I mean... are you Fuc*in' kidding me? The Twilight guy as Batman? See the problem?
                I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                  The fact that it's Ben Affleck (and all that's associated with that name) is a problem, not his face. It's a distraction and a turnoff.
                  I agree with that sentiment. You aren't watching "Batman" on screen, you're watching Ben Affleck play Batman. That's the reason I usually prefer to see up and comers who have not yet made the name for themselves take on superhero roles. They have more room to inhabit the character.

Comment

Casting Batman must be a really difficult thing to do, considering how many times it's been done wrongly: Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney... and now Affleck?

Fassbender is a great and very interesting actor, but he'd be a really weird choice for Batman.

Comment

I like the choice of Affleck to be honest, time to switch it up a bit.

Comment

During the day he is Bruce Wayne, during the night... Dare Devil?

Comment

I don't like the Affleck casting, because it feels like it was done more for political reasons at WB. Especially since they gave Robinov the boot. This feels like it was done more to ensure they keep Affleck the filmmaker in the Warner family, since he was close to Robinov.

Fassbender would've been the perfect choice. I wonder if he passsed? Or if he had a conflict with Assassins Creed, because that should start filming next year.

Comment

Originally posted by Dr. Vergerus View Post
                            Casting Batman must be a really difficult thing to do, considering how many times it's been done wrongly: Keaton, Kilmer, Clooney... and now Affleck?

Fassbender is a great and very interesting actor, but he'd be a really weird choice for Batman.
                            Keaton did a surprisingly good job, Kilmer I didn't care for and Clooney was too obvious and bland. Bale rocks and I'll give Affleck a chance, (albeit not for acting, he has two Oscars).
                            "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Hey remember when everybody complained about Heath Ledger being cast as Joker?

Don't write Affleck off yet.

Comment

Working...
                              X