Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Ben Affleck is...um...Batman?

I'd pay to see Gibson play the older Wayne/Batman. He'd kind of be perfect.
    "Forget it, Jake. It's Hollywood."

My YouTube channel.

Comment

I agree. Let's do it. Someone give him a call.
      www.JustinSloanAuthor.com

http://www.CreativeWritingCareer.com
      http://www.MilitaryVeteransinCreativeCareers.com

Twitter: @JustinMSloan

Want a free book?

Comment

I think Ben is a very fine actor with the right role, and the right director. However, i also think that he is at his best when he plays grounded, realistic characters. He's a convincing guy next door.

The more larger than life he needs to be, the worse he usually is. Batman/Wayne is very much larger than life.

So it doesn't sound like particularly good casting to me. But he's got talent, I'll give him the benefit of the doubt.

I could actually see this working really well, if Affleck directed the film himself, and made Batman a more grounded character. Sort of a Batman meets The Town. But since it's a Snyder film (And I like Snyder), the character is not going to be particularly grounded.

Comment

The more larger than life he needs to be, the worse he usually is. Batman/Wayne is very much larger than life.
          An excellent and astute observation.

Without doubt Affleck is limited in what he can do as an actor, I don't think I`ve ever seen him lose himself in a role or bring/find any nuance to his character. It`s very brave of him to attempt this, but he`s on a loser as far as I can see.

Comment

Originally posted by miktal-1 View Post
            An excellent and astute observation.

Without doubt Affleck is limited in what he can do as an actor, I don't think I`ve ever seen him lose himself in a role or bring/find any nuance to his character. It`s very brave of him to attempt this, but he`s on a loser as far as I can see.
            I would argue that he did a very fine job with Ned Alleyn in Shakespeare in Love.

Comment

Originally posted by MoonHill View Post
              I would argue that he did a very fine job with Ned Alleyn in Shakespeare in Love.

A cool role he doesn't get enough credit for in my opinion.
              "A screenwriter is much like being a fire hydrant with a bunch of dogs lined up around it.- -Frank Miller

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore

Comment

Working...
              X