Click here for Done Deal Pro home page
Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > General > Sites, Services, Software, & Supplies
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-17-2015, 01:03 PM   #11
spyder23

Default Re: ScriptGal Update & Info

Anyone have any luck communicating with Scriptgal lately? She's one of the best there is so I'm patiently waiting but I sent her a script the last week of June, and haven't heard anything since.

I even sent a few follow-up emails, but still nothing.
spyder23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2015, 02:58 PM   #12
ScriptGal
Regular

Hi Everyone. Sorry to have been AWOL from Done Deal for awhile - but rest assured ScriptGal is alive and well and as busy as ever.

Just popped in to say hi, Happy October, and go see THE MARTIAN right now!
http://www.scriptgal.com/

Discount for DD Members!
ScriptGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 06:12 PM   #13
iknownuffin
User

Amanda just finished covering my script. She gave me some ideas to improve upon the script that my tired old eyes and brain didn't see in my re-write. Not only that, she also phoned me and we went over some other options for the script opening. Gave me plenty of ideas. The script will be better because of her. Thanks Amanda.
Old 01-18-2016, 06:54 PM   #14
gs1979
User

Is Amanda not doing coverage anymore? I sent her an email like a week ago (on 1-11-16) but never heard back. I really like her notes and have a new script I wanted to send to her. Has anyone had any interaction with her recently? Thanks.
gs1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2016, 07:10 PM   #15
ScriptGal
Regular

Yep, she/I am. Had some health issues, but back in the saddle!

My best film by far of the past year was THE BIG SHORT. How 'bout you guys?

Discount for DD Members!
Old 01-20-2016, 08:33 PM   #16
gs1979
User

Sorry to hear that. Glad things are better. I'm finishing a re-write now… will send you a new email probably next week.

Thanks!
gs1979 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2016, 05:06 PM   #17
ScriptGal
Regular

Hi All,

I'm offering a Done Deal special through the end of March. Comments Only - 2-3 pages of feedback including recommendations and a grid - normally $125 are $99. Development Notes - 8-10 pages of feedback including suggestions and page notes - normally $300 are $225. Other services will be similarly discounted.

Best part - five day turnaround guaranteed.

I hope to hear from you.

Best,

Amanda

Discount for DD Members!
Old 07-01-2016, 03:20 PM   #18
ChaseH
New User

Hey all,

Just wanted to take a second to drop in for any of you who are on the fence about ScriptGal's services. I've dealt with a lot of coverage services, all that come with various promises and claims, none of them hold a candle to Amanda's work.

With ScriptGal you not. Only get an example of the kind of coverage the big agencies and studios provide, you get the best version. This is someone who gets brought in to train the readers at major players in town, these are not notes that can be brushed off as someone who didn't understand what you were going for or was just trying to be negative.

Perhaps the two best things about ScriptGal's services are that first she knows how to make a good script great or a great script amazing. It is easy to give notes to a bad script, though it may be difficult knowing where to start. What is hard is knowing what fine tuning and adjustments can bring something good to the next level. As a writer, that is often the hardest thing to do as well and one of the things that makes outside eyes so crucial.

The second is that if a script is good enough and when it is ready, Amanda actually will champion your work to her extensive network of industry connections. She truly wants you to succeed, and it is evident that she is on your side no matter how harsh a note may seem.

I can't recommend these services enough, particularly for well-trained and experienced writers trying to get to that elite level.

They don't come any better than this.

You won't regret a penny.
ChaseH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 12:21 AM   #19
manfredlopez
User

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChaseH View Post
Hey all,

Just wanted to take a second to drop in for any of you who are on the fence about ScriptGal's services.
I've also used her services with good results. By the way ChaseH, welcome to the board!

REEL - IMDB
manfredlopez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2017, 10:33 AM   #20
DudeChillin'
New User

Just wanted to bump this thread and share my recent experience with ScriptGal. In short, they were notes that made me excited to get back in and tackle a new draft.

Really smart, in-depth feedback that called attention to a few things I needed to fix. Story editors can often try to impose their vision or their idea of what they think your story should be, but I knew Amanda got it and was steering me in the direction I wanted to go. She also offers solutions and potential fixes, which is a huge plus.

A follow up phone call to go over a few things was a big extra that really helped generate some ideas and inspiration.

A definite Recommend and I will be using her services again.
DudeChillin' is offline   Reply With Quote