No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Screencraft Contest Deadlines

Hey everyone, hope you had a good week.

I'm thinking of entering the ScreenCraft Drama competition. Its website says that the final deadline is August 31st. That said, I know more than a few competitions extend their final deadline after it passes. Does anyone know if ScreenCraft usually does so with this particular one? Just wanted to know if I'll have any extra time to make a submission (waiting on feedback from a few people).
    "I love being a writer. What I can't stand is the paperwork.-- Peter De Vries

Re: Screencraft Contest Deadlines

this is not one of the usual biggies to enter... any particular reason why you selected this one? do you (or anyone else here) know of past winners/finalists who had success afterwards?

just curious.

Comment

Are you not able to submit a draft and then update it after the fact through Coverfly?

Comment

Originally posted by socalwriter1 View Post
        this is not one of the usual biggies to enter... any particular reason why you selected this one? do you (or anyone else here) know of past winners/finalists who had success afterwards?

just curious.
        It's actually gotten a higher profile in the last few years -- not up there with Nicholl/PAGE/Austin of course, but probably safely in the middle tier of contests along with Final Draft and Script Pipeline.

I know asteven50 got repped by placing second in their Action/Thriller contest, and the winner of their recent Sci-Fi contest just got repped by Writ Large.

Comment

Originally posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
          Are you not able to submit a draft and then update it after the fact through Coverfly?
          Never heard of that. Will check it out.

Comment

I wish there were more large contests towards the end of the year. Most of the major ones are bunched around that May deadline. Many times, you do not have a script by that time.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkKnight(OfTheSoul)
              Script Pipeline and Blue Cat are terrible. Avoid.
              Could you elaborate?

Comment

Originally posted by UpandComing View Post
                Never heard of that. Will check it out.

Yeah, it says:

"Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are allowed. See your special link in the submission confirmation email for re-entry procedure"

Seems like more and more contests are allowing this.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkKnight(OfTheSoul)
                  The quality of the readers is too poor to make it worth your money. That is all.
                  Yeah, I was mostly just curious what you were basing that on. But it seems like you don't want to go into it, so no worries.

Comment

Originally posted by Friday View Post
                    I wish there were more large contests towards the end of the year. Most of the major ones are bunched around that May deadline. Many times, you do not have a script by that time.
                    Indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by Hernan Giaggio View Post
                      Yeah, it says:

"Substitutions of either corrected pages or new drafts of the entered material are allowed. See your special link in the submission confirmation email for re-entry procedure"

Seems like more and more contests are allowing this.
                      Cool - thanks!

Comment

Working...
                      X