Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2019, 05:28 PM   #1
DDoc
User

Default Emagine Content

Anyone know anything about them? They responded to my submission with a mutual NDA and submission agreement. I checked them out on IMDB Pro and they seem ok. Maybe somewhat new.

What do you guys think?
DDoc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2019, 10:47 PM   #2
GucciGhostXXX

Default Re: Emagine Content

Never heard of 'em...

But, whatever, standard release, no tricks, fukk it, send it. I'll give my script to the homeless dude at the gas station if he wants to read it. Anyone who wants to read my stuff gets to read it. I'm never worried about theft. I can barely GIVE my sh!t away. Ya know?

In fact, I find more often, people won't read it based on a similar project they have in development or that's going... Won't even read it as a writing sample. Liability is a b!tch in this town. Bruh, I ain't gonna sue.

See what they say IMO...

Good luck!
GucciGhostXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 06:47 AM   #3
DDoc
User

Thanks. I've never been repped nor made a sale so I suppose any way in is good at this point.
Old 08-08-2019, 07:22 AM   #4
figment

DDoc -- here's their website in case you didn't see it.

http://www.emaginecontent.com/submissions.html

They rep talent, writers, directors, producers, influencers and have a youth division. Seems an awful lot of things to represent.

I'm not querying them, but I'm curious to know what a "pitch deck" under the writers/directors/producers submission list is?
figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 08:25 AM   #5
DDoc
User

I saw it. I had to look up a pitch deck also and how to make one. I did and I guess it turned out ok because they followed up after about a week. It was just a little slide deal I made in powerpoint; synopsis, main cast, etc.
Old 08-08-2019, 08:28 AM   #6
Done Deal Pro
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by figment View Post
I'm not querying them, but I'm curious to know what a "pitch deck" under the writers/directors/producers submission list is?
Are you asking what a pitch deck actually is? Or more what they might be expecting?
Done Deal Pro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 10:37 AM   #7
docgonzo

Just FYI, it's a producer's job to make the pitch deck, not yours. I don't know why they're requiring writers to submit one. Logline and script should be enough, especially for a feature. I could see asking for series doc if you're submitting a pilot, but this doesn't make sense to me.

I'd do some due diligence before putting in all that work. Research all the names on their team page. I looked at the few that are linked out to LinkedIn, and gotta be honest, I wasn't impressed. None of those guys have much of a track record in the industry. One guy was an art director turned producer.

I'd also be careful that these guys might ask for a fee down the road. There are places masquerading as production companies (Voyage Media comes to mind), where they make you pay hundreds, if not thousands to develop a script, all with no guarantees they'll even take it out. Not saying this is that type of place, but you never know. Eyes wide open and all.

I'd be more concerned about putting in all that work to develop a deck and that being all for naught. Or you get attached to people who really can't do anything for you because they're basically posers (their company name sounds too much like a famous prod co we all know).

Just tread carefully and make a sound decision.
docgonzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2019, 12:40 PM   #8
figment

Quote:
Originally Posted by Done Deal Pro View Post
Are you asking what a pitch deck actually is? Or more what they might be expecting?
I was asking what one was, as I've never been asked to submit one along with a script.

ETA: I googled. So now I know. But, yeah. Still seems weird to ask a writer to do this.
figment is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 04:14 PM   #9
MargoChanning

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
Never heard of 'em...

But, whatever, standard release, no tricks, fukk it, send it. I'll give my script to the homeless dude at the gas station if he wants to read it. Anyone who wants to read my stuff gets to read it. I'm never worried about theft. I can barely GIVE my sh!t away. Ya know?

In fact, I find more often, people won't read it based on a similar project they have in development or that's going... Won't even read it as a writing sample. Liability is a b!tch in this town. Bruh, I ain't gonna sue.

See what they say IMO...

Good luck!
Damn. Do I hear you.
MargoChanning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 07:46 PM   #10
catcon

Quote:
Originally Posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
...In fact, I find more often, people won't read it based on a similar project they have in development or that's going... Won't even read it as a writing sample. Liability is a b!tch in this town. Bruh, I ain't gonna sue...
But they sure do use broad strokes to determine what conflicts with their projects in development.

In 2017, I had a response from Hollywood Gang on a $10 VPF pitch: They figured my script, 'American Genocide', with a logline of:
Quote:
Two psychopathic siblings, on the run with their irresponsible father from their demented mother, blend in with a parade of mass murderers weaving a trail of death and terror across the nation’s highway system.
didn't deserve a read, because somehow it conflicted with one of theirs under development.

I examined their slate in IMDB: Here's their 'Parental':
Quote:
After her sons are murdered by a notorious serial killer, a suburban mom starts to realize that good people are capable of doing very bad things...even her.
or their 'Blood In, Blood Out':
Quote:
Working undercover to take down Mexico's most dangerous and deadly cartel leader, an emotionally bankrupt DEA operative finds himself on the run with a 10 year old boy while seeking revenge for the death of his lover.
or maybe even 'The Domestics', from 2018:
Quote:
In the weeks following an apocalyptic event, a husband and wife venture across the countryside inhabited by deadly factions in search of safety, and must work together as they are pushed to the breaking point in order to survive.
I know I'm not giving you much to go on, but what do you think? #1, #2, or #3?

None and neither, I say, and mighty creative to suggest so. What a waste of $10. It's the worst thing about VPF: You can't engage in any sort of Q&A or offer a response... without spending another $10!
catcon is offline   Reply With Quote