Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2005, 04:13 PM   #1
BFinch
New User

Default Looking for production company to shop action script...

I had specifically written an 80s style action script (mid to low budge/no CGI) for a production company I was in contact with. They've passed, but still the script has merit. Does anyone out there have a recomendation for a production company that would accept unsolicited material?

I swear I'm simply not being lazy by just asking this as I have combed the listing for several companies. I'm just trying to pursue all options and wondering if there is one I've missed or haven't thought of. Any info would greatly be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Brandon

Last edited by BFinch : 08-19-2005 at 10:42 PM.
BFinch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2005, 11:24 PM   #2
BFinch
New User

Default Re: Looking for production company to shop action script...

Again any info or alternative way to approach this would be great.
Old 08-26-2005, 01:05 AM   #3
writorman
User

Don't take this the wrong way but you should be trying places like Echo Bridge or Blockbuster for a straight to video release. I just don't see an 80's style action pic as being something the studios may jump at. Just my 2 cents.
writorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 09:25 AM   #4
OkeyDokey
User

There are several approaches you can take. There is a Spec Script sales directory that lists scripts sold by genre. You can then research the companies that are buying your type of material. You can also research the Hollywood Creative Directory for the same information. Or, as suggested above, peruse videos of similar movies and check out the produciton company credits. But whatever way you do it, you;re going to have to do the research yourself.

One of the members on this board, Bill Martel, has experience in this area. You might read his posts and PM him for more info.
Old 08-26-2005, 10:06 AM   #5
Ukkonen
User

This link might be of interest as well...

http://www.wga.org/WrittenBy/0401/alt.html

cheers,
Timo
Ukkonen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 12:28 PM   #6
BFinch
New User

"Don't take this the wrong way but you should be trying places like Echo Bridge or Blockbuster for a straight to video release. I just don't see an 80's style action pic as being something the studios may jump at. Just my 2 cents."

No offense taken and your suggestion is the kind of thinking I was looking for. Thanks to all that have provided me with a good start. I do have a Creative Directory and have attempted email queries. Formal letters and cold calls are another approach.

Thanks again.
Old 08-26-2005, 12:36 PM   #7
writorman
User

Echo Bridge is one of the top video distrubutors out there. I dealt with them on a concert series I was producing. Talk to Lucy Salhany. 781-444-6767

They will probably require you to have elements attached (e.g. director, actors) before they do business with you. But they do have a money availeable for production and will release certain titles on a limited basis.
writorman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-26-2005, 03:16 PM   #8
BFinch
New User

Thanks. I googled the company and came up with an email addy and sent a general query. From their site it does look that they acquire properties that are already completed and are looking for distribution.

Something like this is exactly what I'm looking for as an alternative means. I'm not trying to sell a script I think is bad or down play the genre, just I'm aware of who would be interested and who wouldn't. Action features today themselves have to be four quad films like "Mr. and Mrs. Smith".