Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Will you consider rating my blcklst hosted script?

"A disgruntled screenwriter must trick a website into running a logline contest if he is to have any hope of ever getting his 180 page sci-fi/romcom script read."

Comment

Originally posted by DangoForth View Post
      "A disgruntled screenwriter must trick a website into running a logline contest if he is to have any hope of ever getting his 180 page sci-fi/romcom script read."
      I've trimmed it to 116 thank you very much.
      I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
        Posting here is pointless. One of the managers on DDpro should hold a logline contest like MichaelB did a few years ago. The top 5 get their scripts read.
        If memory serves, Michael couldn't even find five that he wanted to read

Comment

Originally posted by JoeBanks View Post
          That's why I submitted mine...

Comment

Yeah, I think about 100 were posted and he chose 1.

Comment

It's a contest. He/she would HAVE TO read the top 5.
              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

Originally posted by FoxHound View Post
                It's a contest. He/she would HAVE TO read the top 5.
                even the Nicholl reserves the right to not award any fellowships if none of the entires are deemed worthy of the prize

Comment

Hi all,

Have ordered an evaluation but figured it would be good to get some other opinions if people are willing...

Title: ALICE IN ZOMBIELAND

Genre: Fantasy / Horror

Logline: After a plague-riddled White Rabbit puts her family in grave danger, a retired Alice must once again go through the looking glass to save Wonderland and prevent a zombie horde from breaching the boundaries of the real world.

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/28082

Appreciate any and all feedback.

Comment

WriterNZ -- I tried to check out Alice in Zombieland, but I guess it's set to industry-only?

I currently have a script on the top uploads list (the only strange part being maybe every other writer on that list in the genre is male... That is weird, right?) It has been getting lots of eyeballs, so thank you to everyone who's taken a look already!

I'm not sure how it's set up for downloads (I think it's open?) so feel free to check it out:

Title: RAISED BY WOLVES

Genre: Mystery & Suspense (that's the BL-given genre)

Logline:
                    An aging small-town musician and legendary pop star are on a collision course for a reunion neither wants when the decades-old disappearance of their former bandmate comes back to haunt them in the form of a new crime. (Logline workshopped with the help of you lovely DDP'ers!)

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/26936

Comment

even the Nicholl reserves the right to not award any fellowships if none of the entires are deemed worthy of the prize
                      I didn't know this-- but I like it very much. I respect it.

Personally, and these are solely my opinions, I'd respect contests more who take this approach.

I'm not trying to be the best amateur, I'm trying to write at the professional level to compete in the marketplace.

Sometimes in the real business world there are no winners... until there are.
                      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Hi, not sure what's happening on blacklist but I checked the settings and as far as I can tell it's available to download...

I have PM'd you anyway, will get you a copy

Likewise if anybody else has tried to get a copy but can't, please let me know.

Cheers,
                        Brendon

Comment

Originally posted by WriterNZ View Post
                          Hi, not sure what's happening on blacklist but I checked the settings and as far as I can tell it's available to download...

I have PM'd you anyway, will get you a copy

Likewise if anybody else has tried to get a copy but can't, please let me know.

Cheers,
                          Brendon
                          What Brendon said goes for me as well. If you have any issues, just PM me your email and I'll be happy to send it your way!

Comment

Well, my biopic on the BL--and since Mem Day, it's gotten all of two views. I mean, do I have leprosy or does the logline suck that bad?

https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/29470

At least today it was assigned to a reader....
                            http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by LIMAMA View Post
                              Well, my biopic on the BL--and since Mem Day, it's gotten all of two views. I mean, do I have leprosy or does the logline suck that bad?
                              Only because you asked...

In my opinion, the logline sucks almost as bad as leprosy. In fact, it's not a logline at all, just a list that doesn't really tie together.

Why aren't you starting with what this guy did? (I assume he's) The man who carved (designed?) Mount Rushmore. Wow! Cool! Yet your "logline" gives no indication of what the script is actually about or really when it takes place (I know you mention the Great Depression but there's no feel for time or place or personalities).

I suspect it's a fascinating (and charming?) story but your logline is a wet noodle.

And, this is just my opinion, but I hate the title. That could be just me.

I wish you luck with this, though, as I love biopics.

Comment

Originally posted by Cooper View Post
                                Only because you asked...

In my opinion, the logline sucks almost as bad as leprosy. In fact, it's not a logline at all, just a list that doesn't really tie together.

Why aren't you starting with what this guy did? (I assume he's) The man who carved (designed?) Mount Rushmore. Wow! Cool! Yet your "logline" gives no indication of what the script is actually about or really when it takes place (I know you mention the Great Depression but there's no feel for time or place or personalities).

I suspect it's a fascinating (and charming?) story but your logline is a wet noodle.

And, this is just my opinion, but I hate the title. That could be just me.

I wish you luck with this, though, as I love biopics.
                                Hey, thanks for checking it out. I think. I tweaked the logline--let's see how this one flies.
                                Last edited by LIMAMA; 06-03-2015, 06:08 AM. Reason: me
                                http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Working...
                                X