• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: Dexxxxxter!!!

Originally posted by Moviequill View Post
    I follow Julie Benz (Rita) on Twitter.
    I follow Julie Benz...period.

Of course, the restraining order keeps me 500 feet out.

Felicitations, malefactors! I am endeavoring to misappropriate the formulary for the preparation of saleable screenplays. WHO WILL JOIN ME!

Comment

Originally posted by Qazworld View Post
      that's kinda sad.
      Yep.

I always watch TV shows in bulk because I don't ever watch them week to week because I can't stand being left on a cliff hanger, and shows tend to have long ass breaks these days. So I wait for the season finale, download the whole season and make a day of it.

Although I am rather sick of shows that have 20+ episodes, because they tend to have 5-10 filler episodes or just be plain crap (Heroes).

That's why Dexter is so good. There's no fillers!

Did anyone else feel that Dexter's body count was kind of low in season four? Or is it just me?

Comment

Originally posted by Xnod View Post
        Did anyone else feel that Dexter's body count was kind of low in season four? Or is it just me?
        I got the impression that Dex was trying to leave his dark passenger behind..or at least try to control it instead of letting it control him.

It seemed he spent most of this season trying to learn from Trinity rather then feed his need. And that cost him...dearly.

Can't wait to see next season.
        Felicitations, malefactors! I am endeavoring to misappropriate the formulary for the preparation of saleable screenplays. WHO WILL JOIN ME!

Comment

This summer I watch all 10 seasons of Friends.
          oh now that really is sad. <<<the NikeeGoddess just shakes her head>>>

Comment

Originally posted by NikeeGoddess View Post
            oh now that really is sad. <<<the NikeeGoddess just shakes her head>>>
            It was for the first time. I wanted to watch a comedy (because I'd been watching a lot of dramas) so I checked out the first episode of Friends on a whim. I loved it, so I kept watching more.

INT. PINEAPPLE - DAY

Comment

As far as I've heard, the fifth season is when contracts run out? I remember that Showtime signed on for 2 additional years during the broadcasting of the third season (or shortly after its finale). How long can DEXTER go on as a show?

Comment

Originally posted by 12916studios View Post
                There's a point you reach when bulk-watching where you almost get sick of a show.

I'll watch The X-Files eventually.
                That's very true, a show can wear out its welcome if it isn't written well over the course of many seasons. It happened to me for CSI after the fifth season (a great cliffhanger finale that Tarantino directed), and I couldn't get through the sixth. Show became crap, or I just didn't give a crap anymore. Haha.

X-Files is mandatory viewing. It's brilliant for the first 6 years.

Comment

Originally posted by thewire View Post
                  As far as I've heard, the fifth season is when contracts run out? I remember that Showtime signed on for 2 additional years during the broadcasting of the third season (or shortly after its finale). How long can DEXTER go on as a show?
                  they are negotiating for another two-fer right now
                  "you have to write right, right?" -- Todd Gordon

Comment

how many seasons did the sopranos go on for?

and when weeds outran it's welcome in the suburbs they've moved to a beach town near the mexican border and shook it up.

after knowing the writer's aren't afraid of killing significant cast members off (first doakes, and now that sorry-ass rita) that they'll be able to find a way to revamp the show. we already know the next season will focus more on his and debs relationship... now that she knows they're blood related.

how are they going to explain WHY trinity picked rita?

Comment

how are they going to explain WHY trinity picked rita?
                      I think Deb will take some personal blame for Rita. She was with Lundy and then became lead on the Trinity case...was there when Trinity's daughter did what she did...and is related to Dex. She'll probably blame herself, thinking Trinity was out to hurt her (by taking yet another person she loves) for getting too close.

I don't see the Deb/Dex thing being the main focus next season. I think they'll have Deb help Dex care for his son, and then maybe mid-season, start to suspect Dex of something when she sees what odd hours he keeps. After all, Dex can't use the excuse of "working late" on her.

Just my opinion.

Comment

I think Deb will take some personal blame for Rita. She was with Lundy and then became lead on the Trinity case...was there when Trinity's daughter did what she did...and is related to Dex. She'll probably blame herself, thinking Trinity was out to hurt her (by taking yet another person she loves) for getting too close.
                        i can see why debs would feel guilty but it's too much of a stretch for it to really work as a legitimate reason.

I think they'll have Deb help Dex care for his son
                        why do so many of you say this. it's so not deb. she is NOT the mothering sort at all. she didn't have a mother. she never learned how. my guess is rita's mother will come back into the picture. was that jobeth williams? she'll be tough!

Comment

i can see why debs would feel guilty but it's too much of a stretch for it to really work as a legitimate reason.

why do so many of you say this. it's so not deb. she is NOT the mothering sort at all. she didn't have a mother. she never learned how. my guess is rita's mother will come back into the picture. was that jobeth williams? she'll be tough!

You're exactly right. It isn't Deb. Her not knowing how to help with a child, but wanting to is conflicting with her character. But conflict is what keeps me watching Dexter.

IMO...characters should not be so defined that we could all readily predict their decisions and actions. In fact, it seems that those characters (like Rita) usually go away.

It's okay to color outside the lines.

Comment

Fast forward to five years later and Dexter is raising a young boy who enjoys killing the neighbors cats.
                            I read to the first typo

-Hollywood agent

Comment

So many possibilities. Can't wait to see how they pull it off.

Dexter becoming Harry to his son?

Comment

this kid wouldnt turn into a socio just because of this event; babies are incapable of forming memories before the age of three --- but he could turn into one because his father is one.

anyways, i'd prefer if next season focused on dexter some more, i want to see how a socio would deal with grief, i think it could make for some interesting TV.
                                Last edited by Qazworld; 12-24-2009, 10:16 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X