Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Business Questions and Advice
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-22-2019, 06:50 AM   #31
Madbandit

Default Re: New York Is Better Than LA

Quote:
Originally Posted by winter dreams View Post
That's a bit of an understatement When I was lucky enough to be living in Manhattan, my car was my Metrocard. I walked everywhere or took the subway and it was tremendous. Can't wait to live there again, I'm hoping it hasn't returned to Dinkins era bullshit before I get there.

So, do you prefer the totalitarian bullshit of Giuliani?

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore
Madbandit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 09:02 AM   #32
Jake Schuster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbandit View Post
So, do you prefer the totalitarian bullshit of Giuliani?
Who hasn't been mayor for a very long time.
Jake Schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2019, 02:12 PM   #33
Madbandit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jake Schuster View Post
Who hasn't been mayor for a very long time.

Exactly my point.

"A real writer doesn't just want to write; a real writer has to write." -Alan Moore
Old 11-23-2019, 12:26 PM   #34
CthulhuRises

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madbandit View Post
Not really. Depends on the borough. In Brooklyn, there's a lot of new residential buildings being built. Also, Queens and Staten Island are more suburban than urban.

Yes, really. It's just a fact. New York has the highest population density in the country (S.F. is second). Its population density is 3 times higher than L.A. (26K people per sq. mile to 8K). Of course some areas are less populous than others. That's true of any city. El Segundo is less dense than Hollywood here. Doesn't change the fact that N.Y. is far fore crowded and compact.
CthulhuRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 06:29 PM   #35
grumpywriter

Quote:
Originally Posted by CthulhuRises View Post
Yes, really. It's just a fact. New York has the highest population density in the country (S.F. is second). Its population density is 3 times higher than L.A. (26K people per sq. mile to 8K). Of course some areas are less populous than others. That's true of any city. El Segundo is less dense than Hollywood here. Doesn't change the fact that N.Y. is far fore crowded and compact.
El Segundo always makes me think of that Tribe Called Quest song, "I left my wallet in El Segundo."
grumpywriter is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2019, 10:26 PM   #36
TigerFang

Quote:
Originally Posted by grumpywriter View Post
El Segundo always makes me think of that Tribe Called Quest song, "I left my wallet in El Segundo."
Excellent fun poked at that in The Ladykillers (2004).
TigerFang is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 10:36 AM   #37
Jake Schuster

Quote:
Setting aside the outer boroughs (the Bronx, Queens and Brooklyn), Manhattan is quite small. When I was 12 or 13, my friend and I walked from the Bronx all the way to the Village, taking Broadway and then Fifth Avenue. Took us only a few hours. It's a vertical city, of course, unlike L.A., which is spread way out, from coast to desert.
Jake Schuster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2019, 06:10 PM   #38
Madbandit

Quote:

But that's true if you're talking about the city. If you live near Nassau County, like I do, it doesn't seem that dense.