No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Do people query on weekends?

Originally posted by catcon View Post
    Not sure if anybody's seen it, but I just watched Please Stand By (2017). It's streamed here, with annoying Cyrillic subtitles, in case you can't find a regular/cleaner version in the usual sources: https://ok.ru/video/454893636348

Solid 8 out of 10, which is a good grade for me.

The story-line includes lots of anxious moments for the protagonist, who has high-functioning level autism. There are some truly disheartening reversals, and a good ticking clock, as she does the road trip thing to take her 420-page fan fiction script of Star Trek to Paramount for a script competition. The whole story's rife with fun Trekker stuff.

The reason I'm posting this here, rather than under the "Films" topic, is because of how she gets the script to the Paramount offices with barely a minute to spare. Sort of like stuff we've written about in this thread!

It was a really enjoyable flick, and the quality of drama/dramedy I hope to write some day - no matter if it only makes a dime at the box office like this one did.
    We are the proletariat.

Comment

Originally posted by Bono View Post
      Raise your hand if you think rushing and hand delivering a script directly to a script competition has anything to do with sending emails to mangers/producers on weekends?

Dude... Are you actually Ryan? Dead fukkin serious. HA! We should get drunk sometime. hhhhaaaaaaa!
      Bruh, fukkin *smooches*! Feel me? Ha!

Comment

Well i'm on the east coast and I don't drink. But I've been accused at almost every party I've been too of being drunk. I'm the guy who drinks his diet coke and eats all the pigs in a blanket.

I do like "girlie" drinks like sex on the beach if I am forced to drink.

In college, I didn't drink either and then once I had 3 of those drinks at an event at the end of the year. So everyone said I was too drunk to drive home-- down the street. And then let my friend Farrar drive MY CAR home. He's 6-4 both ways. He barely fit in my car. I was not drunk at all. I remember the whole thing 20 years later.

Here's a question. What's worse? A drunk driver or a shi%%ty one? Because he was the worst driver I've ever been in a car with. He had never driven me anywhere before. And i screamed the whole ride and said if I was drunk, I'm sober as f-u-c-k now because you just hit a fuucking stop sign.

I don't need to get drunk to act like an A$$hole.

I can only imagine how different me and Ryan are in real life. He's probably tall and handsome. I'm fat and shorter than dirt. I look like a young Mr. Kotter and Ryan probably is Gosling. Unless he's a Jew too, than maybe we are the same. Is he from Boston?

Comment

Raise your hand if you think rushing and hand delivering a script directly to a script competition has anything to do with sending emails to mangers/producers on weekends?
          This made me laugh.

Comment

Originally posted by EdFury View Post
            This made me laugh.

HA!

Bono's been cracking me the fukk up. Someone hire this fukker!! WTF!!!?

Comment

Unless he's a Jew too, than maybe we are the same. Is he from Boston?
              Also, YES... he's a little fat jew. Am I allowed to say that? Love the guy. Dude is fukkin hilarious. Kills me.

Oh... and yeah, he says racists jokes but I let it slide... 'cause.... I can always punch him in the balls. HA!

Comment

We all should be able to say anything we want! That's the problem with this world. Only the racists can say whatever they want. But the liberals and comedians who just want to joke have to watch what they say. What kind of dumb crap is that?

I have a joke when I say something racist and go "It's okay I'm a racist" and people laugh because they see how stupid it is.

It's all in how you say it. It reads nice. But it's weird how Jew is a word that really shows how it's all how it's intended that's important.

Bono: I'm a Jew
                Nazi: He's a JEW.

But when they come to round us up and throw us into that pit I keep reading about that's like 40,000 feet deep, don't worry Gucci, the black half of you will be there along with our gay brothers and sisters and anyone that still watches Survivor.

Comment

We all should be able to say anything we want! That's the problem with this world. Only the racists can say whatever they want. But the liberals and comedians who just want to joke have to watch what they say. What kind of dumb crap is that?

I have a joke when I say something racist and go "It's okay I'm a racist" and people laugh because they see how stupid it is.

It's all in how you say it. It reads nice. But it's weird how Jew is a word that really shows how it's all how it's intended that's important.

Bono: I'm a Jew
                  Nazi: He's a JEW.

But when they come to round us up and throw us into that pit I keep reading about that's like 40,000 feet deep, don't worry Gucci, the black half of you will be there along with our gay brothers and sisters and anyone that still watches Survivor.
                  I don't give a fukk what people say. Dude. Words. Whatever. You can FEEL a joke. "Bro... it's a fukkin joke, relax."

There's a Ralphie May bit where he says some black **** then says something to the effect of "All you white people scared to laugh, turn to your black friends, see how they're all laughing, they get it's joke. It's OK to laugh, man."

Comment

It's all intention to me!

Someone can say FU and mean "that's funny" "I love you" and people can use the right words like "I love you" and mean "FU" and "i don't love you." That's why "thoughts and prayers" reads to me as "F and U"
                    Last edited by Bono; 08-27-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by GucciGhostXXX View Post
                      I don't give a fukk what people say. Dude. Words. Whatever. You can FEEL a joke. "Bro... it's a fukkin joke, relax."

There's a Ralphie May bit where he says some black **** then says something to the effect of "All you white people scared to laugh, turn to your black friends, see how they're all laughing, they get it's joke. It's OK to laugh, man."
                      I miss Ralphie.
                      Last edited by Bono; 08-27-2019, 06:40 AM.

Comment

Some of this is drifting way too far off topic. If you truly need to continue discussing "words," please take it into the ONE ON ONE section. (I can even move some of the posts into a new thread there.)

Thanks.
                        Will
                        Done Deal Pro
                        www.donedealpro.com

Comment

Sorry, it's 100% my fault. I don't even want to talk about that stuff on here! Back to writing stuff.

I queried this wkd just for fun and got a yes. But it was from someone I had a prior relationship with. I just wanted to see after this thread if it would work. I still would not recommend it. I have not heard back. Love, Bono.

Comment

Oops, sorry Will.

-BACK TO TOPIC-

But, why do I feel like we never come to a unanimous conclusion on any of this sh!t? We always circle back to "No one knows!" LOL

Comment

It's because "No one knows anything." -- William Goldman and he meant Hollywood I think or maybe he meant the entire world.

What in life is unanimous besides death itself?

Comment

What about querying after business hours, but still the work week? No one sleeps...

Comment

Working...
                                X