No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Foremost Films

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
    Use their apparent interest as an excuse?
    Don't need an excuse. Query away!
    @PatriotFrames

Comment

Jeff is very open to reading material.

Comment

He passed on something I sent him, but was super nice and quick to respond. I'd definitely query him again with something different.

Comment

Originally posted by Twofingeredtypist View Post
          Maybe you could query them directly, Nikee? Use their apparent interest as an excuse?
          they have this stupid rule about not querying those who've already looked at your logline. i'm afraid to break it but i may as soon as my "term" is up. in the meantime, i've got 3 requests for this particular one from the pitchfest. see ya later, inktip!

Comment

Don't mention the Inktip thing. Just send a regular query.

Comment

Originally posted by snwrist View Post
              I'm currently working with him on a project. He has many projects set up around town for his clients. And he's very good at developing material. Like someone else said in this thread, you can't go wrong with him.
              I'm not finding any sales by Jeff Belkin on DDP. Doesn't mean there aren't any, but just wondering...

Comment

Maybe they aren't out and out sales, but I know for a fact that he has some projects set up.

Comment

Could I be so kind as to ask someone for a contact for JB?

Much Appreciated,

Me.

Comment

Originally posted by thought_arcade View Post
                    Could I be so kind as to ask someone for a contact for JB?

Much Appreciated,

Me.
                    Ditto. Thanks in advance!

Comment

Sounds like a mna I'd like in my corner. If there's an e-mail going around, I'd like it too. Thanks in advance.
                      Cufk, Tish, Sips.

Comment

[email protected]

Godd luck - Jeff's a real gentleman, treats writers with courtesy. Very reare these days...

Comment

anybody know what kind of stuff they're looking for specifically?

Comment

Everyone seems to have positive things to say about this guy, but I don't. He read a script of mine a while back and said he really liked it but wasn't what he was looking for. I said no problem, thanks for the read. So many months later I read he's going wide with a script with the same story concept but just tweaked. I tried emailing him asking for any info about this and he now doesn't return my emails. I never accused him of anything in the email was just looking for some answers. The fact that he doesn't respond tells me something. He is not a class act like everyone says he is.

Comment

Originally posted by streaker12345 View Post
                              Everyone seems to have positive things to say about this guy, but I don't. He read a script of mine a while back and said he really liked it but wasn't what he was looking for. I said no problem, thanks for the read. So many months later I read he's going wide with a script with the same story concept but just tweaked. I tried emailing him asking for any info about this and he now doesn't return my emails. I never accused him of anything in the email was just looking for some answers. The fact that he doesn't respond tells me something. He is not a class act like everyone says he is.
                              Yep! You got him, Columbo.

Jeff -who doesn't write himself, but helps develop scripts- somehow magic'd his own version of your amazing high-concept out of thin air.

And the passive-aggressive way you accused him on a public forum in that post frankly suggests you're in no position to dictate what is and isn't a class act. Cause if your post here is any indication, my guess is your tone in the email was passive-aggressively accusatory as well.

The fact is Jeff probably gets an email like yours every other week. Someone looking for answers because their project mirrored his or his clients. That's the nature of the business he's in. Sheer volume of scripts coupled with probability factors dictates sooner or later a title will be the same or character name or even a concept.

As to why he didn't take your script on, but then later went with something similar in tone or concept, you don't need me to remind you of how HW moves in cycles. Two years ago specs based around fairytales would struggle for sale. Now in a cash strapped industry the prospect of adapting free public domain stories with an established fanbase is a cost cutting way of creating movies with a set audience.

Bottom line, you just ran out of one of the most important factors to success. LUCK. Month later and he may have snapped up your script. And repped you. **** happens. Lick your wounds and move on.

For your information, Jeff is a great manager who works his ass off for the writer. Not to mention absolute lightning on the edit/proof read. There's nothing wrong with voicing opinion on these boards, but you best be damn sure of your facts first. 'Not answering my email' is a valid criticism. Passive-aggressively inserting the word 'Accused' into your post is not.

Comment

Nope! I tried. I really tried!

Tried to bite my tongue, but further investigation has seriously irked me. You make these kind of accusations, you potentially harm a person's career. So imagine my surprise to wander back through your past posts to find a deluge of poor-me whining.

So screw it! In honor of a certain now infamous post in the contest section, here's my tribute.

DOIN' IT LOWELL-SMACKDOWN STYLE!

Your words-

'So many months later I read he's going wide with a script with the same story concept but just tweaked. I never accused him of anything in the email was just looking for some answers.'

Delving back into the archives-

'Just because your script doesn't sell does not mean its bad. Maybe it's not what that particular person was looking for at the time or you don't have the right connections.'

Perhaps a case of practise what you preach.

And now lets all play Streaker's brand new gameshow-

HOW MANY PEOPLE CAN WE ACCUSE AS SOME KIND OF JUSTIFICATION FOR ALL THE REJECTION!? (cue theme music....probably the smallest violin playing 'Theme from Mash')

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...t=55448&page=2

What's the deal bro? Last year I wrote a post looking for help on a list of my scripts. You replied and I sent you around six loglines of my finished scripts. Your last two scripts written are very similiar especially "The Family". Your script is identical to mine but you made a few small changes. This may be a coincidence but is's to close for comfort.

ONE!

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...t=54472&page=3

Hey Screenwriter, you should definitely keep an eye on this. You never know, maybe they did steal your idea. I'm so sick of people like NathanQ and others saying "no idea is original and it's obsurd if you think your idea was stolen". Maybe they have no creativity and can't come up with something new and fresh themselves. I've gotten requests and reads from some pretty big people who said "they never heard of this idea and thought it was very clever". I'm in the process of watching two scripts myself. I got a couple reads and passes and so many months later those same people are representing similiar scripts.

TWO! (since this is plural, it must be more than just Jeff here)

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...321#post635321

I submmited a script to a management company a couple years ago. The person passed but said they liked the idea and script had potential. I never came up with a second version and moved onto something else. I just read on specchaser she's going out with a script with very similar logline as mine.

SHE! Now unless Jeff (Jeffina??) is keeping something from me........ THREE!

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...884#post623884

I got a request for a script and just got the response. They said "liked the idea but can't pursure because we're working on a similar project". Does having the script registered before they do have any merit or am I screwed again?

Can you say VICTIM MENTALITY!?! Similar project don't equal Property theft...... plus that ain't what you said Jeff said...... FOUR!!!!

http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...622#post603622

I saw on the blacklist that he is representing a script called "COMIC CON". Me and an associate wrote A script called "ACTION CON" that was highly requested, almost optioned, and still being looked at. I want to know when his script was WGA registered.

.........*COUGH*... ermmm.... your high-concept idea that simply couldn't be replicated without nefarious connotations.......is a comedy....set in what appears to be a comic convention..... man! I'll phone the lawyers for you.

And Jeff, to my knowledge, has never gone wide with a spec based on a COMIC CON.... so that's two concepts that has been stolen from you. In an earlier post I said you were mising the important ingredient of LUCK. Man was I understating. Seems like HW exists purely to pilfer your ideas.

Oh and FYI... this-

I disagree with shot across the bow. I email the people who request my scripts 2 weeks after the innitial email and if they don't reply I'll email them once a week until they do. I've never got any complaints.

-Is incredibly stupid advice. Not just that, but it's career suicide. They keep records. Block emails. Yeah, no complaints. But no representation either!.....coincidence?

Now, in the interest of fair play, you have complimented a few mangers/agents in other posts. Some of the time it's very respectful.

But due to some deluded, self-proclaimed perception of property theft that you yourself have fabricated in that paranoid void of mind you got there, you're alienating yourself in a industry that thrives on networking.

And when you drag Jeff's good name into your delusions, you frankly piss me off. I've had one or two arguments on here in the past, but those are always light-hearted. This is the first time I'm typing with genuine vitriol. So If you want to continue this I'm gonna need specifics.

A nailed-on case of put up or shut up!

EDIT: See, Lowell. I can be a dick too
                                Last edited by Harbinger; 07-18-2010, 04:38 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X