Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Agents, Lawyers & Managers
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-12-2017, 05:01 PM   #1
sidgrey
User

Default Best Agents/Managers for minority comedy writers (Asian & Indian American)?

Anyone have advice? I'm an Indian American comedy writer who writes urban and music-centric comedy with multi-ethnic characters and I'm looking for someone to rep me who is a good fit. Thanks!
sidgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2017, 07:41 PM   #2
artisone
Regular

Default Re: Best Agents/Managers for minority comedy writers (Asian & Indian American)?

I don't know if there is really such a thing. At least I've never heard, "Oh, that agency/manager is great with minority writers." I'm a Latino writer who's been through several programs (Disney, Fox Writer's Intensive and WGA Writer's Access program) and it's never come up. Look for someone who's a right fit for you. Someone who "gets" and loves your particular material.
artisone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 06:05 PM   #3
sidgrey
User

Default Re: Best Agents/Managers for minority comedy writers (Asian & Indian American)?

Ive definitely heard that some managers are more connected to and familiar with the minority/ethnic market, as its not exactly the same as the mainstream market. I just dont know who!
sidgrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2017, 09:31 AM   #4
nativeson

Slim and none... and Slim just left town. But here's a fun interview with the man https://indiefilmhustle.com/spec-scr...vid-boxerbaum/
nativeson is offline   Reply With Quote