Best Agents/Managers for minority comedy writers (Asian & Indian American)?

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Best Agents/Managers for minority comedy writers (Asian & Indian American)?

Anyone have advice? I'm an Indian American comedy writer who writes urban and music-centric comedy with multi-ethnic characters and I'm looking for someone to rep me who is a good fit. Thanks!

Re: Best Agents/Managers for minority comedy writers (Asian & Indian American)?

I don't know if there is really such a thing. At least I've never heard, "Oh, that agency/manager is great with minority writers." I'm a Latino writer who's been through several programs (Disney, Fox Writer's Intensive and WGA Writer's Access program) and it's never come up. Look for someone who's a right fit for you. Someone who "gets" and loves your particular material.

Comment

Ive definitely heard that some managers are more connected to and familiar with the minority/ethnic market, as its not exactly the same as the mainstream market. I just dont know who!

Comment

Slim and none... and Slim just left town. But here's a fun interview with the man https://indiefilmhustle.com/spec-scr...vid-boxerbaum/

Comment

Working...
        X