Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fun short screenplay contest, Sep 7 deadline

We haven't had a fun contest for a while... Halloween's still a long way off... anyone in the mood for some scribbling?

Show of hands please.

Suggested theme: Winter is coming.

Edit: deadline is EOD Saturday 7 Sept.

8 pages max (may be shorter, your choice)
    Export a PDF file and send to dpaterson57 at gmail dot com
    Or export a text file if you prefer, as long as it's readable, I don't mind.

Edit: the entries are here and the results are here.
    Last edited by dpaterso; 09-15-2019, 11:38 AM.

Re: Shout if you're interested

I'm in.
    TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

i might be in. i do have to travel the last week of the month though.
      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

Started writing something yesterday that might be contest worthy if I can bend the rules enough to make it fit.
        I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Sure.

Any excuse to write something.

OH, WAIT, I WASN'T SHOUTING...

OK, THEN -- SURE, I'M IN!
          "I just couldn't live in a world without me."

Comment

MORE.

WE MUST HAVE MORE SOULS FOR THE BLOOD GOD.

...errr I mean, welcome aboard, everyone!

Radical thought: what if we started writing now? Gasp! If not, when would you like the deadline to be? How long does it take you to write 8 pages? Or indeed less, that's the maximum limit.

finalact4, travel possibility noted, would September 1st be too tight? Would September 7th give more breathing room?

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
              We haven't had a fun contest for a while... Halloween's still a long way off... anyone in the mood for some scribbling?

Show of hands please.

Suggested theme: Winter is coming.
              I wasn't aware that winter was even breathing hard. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9CdVTCDdEwI

But seriously folks. How about that winter of discontent

Or the winter of disco tent?

I got nothing.
              TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Ermm... do we have us a subject matter on which to scribe?
                I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by Southern_land View Post
                  Ermm... do we have us a subject matter on which to scribe?
                  A theme was suggested, failing that there's always disco tents, or come up with something yourself.

Comment

A theme was suggested, failing that there's always disco tents, or come up with something yourself.
                    Crap, so used to the whole "winter is coming" thing that I've started tuning it out. My bad.
                    I heard the starting gun

sigpic

Comment

7th would be easier for me. i leave on Sat and don't return until the 1st. i will have my laptop but visiting kid.

Winter is Coming, or any idea there of works for me. thinking horror... muhahaha. i like.
                      "Arguing that you don't care about the right to privacy b/c you have nothing to hide is no different than saying you don't care about free speech because you have nothing to say." -- Edward Snowden

Comment

How long does it take you to write 8 pages?
                        Coherency optional? If so, I could have one done tonight. But "winter coming?" It's 101 degrees here with 9,999 and 99/100% humidity. Winter is just a hopeful dream.
                        Last edited by Centos; 08-20-2019, 07:01 PM.
                        STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
                          Coherency optional? If so, I could have one done tonight. But "winter coming?" It's 101 degrees here with 9,999 and 99/100% humidity. Winter is just a hopeful dream.

"Winter is just a Hopeful Dream"

There's your story and a kickass title right there.

It'll take me two weeks just to come up with a title which will even then pretty much suck ball sacks.
                          TRIAL FORUMS

Comment

Originally posted by Centos View Post
                            Coherency optional? If so, I could have one done tonight.
                            Orrrr take your time, give it a couple of passes before posting, who knows how it might bloom.

But "winter coming?" It's 101 degrees here with 9,999 and 99/100% humidity. Winter is just a hopeful dream.
                            We're writers dammit we're supposed to use our imagination! Subvert the trope, turn it around, surprise the reader.

General thought: Spare me, lord Odin, from any Game of Thrones parodies, that's linear thinking!

Comment

Orrrr take your time, give it a couple of passes before posting, who knows how it might bloom.
                              Have you seen cute little flowering weeds? A little water and they turn in hideous, sharp-edged, bug-infested, gigantic thistles. Much better to present the baby weed, some of the "lesser sighted" might think it's a flower -- sort of.

We're writers dammit we're supposed to use our imagination! Subvert the trope, turn it around, surprise the reader.
                              Who is "we," Kemosabe? And what's this "imagination" you speak of? And I never did like them damn tropes. If I see one I'll blow its beak off.

General thought: Spare me, lord Odin, from any Game of Thrones parodies, that's linear thinking!
                              Well, at least I don't have to worry about that with me. About the only thing I know about the "Game of Thrones" is that somewhere along the line there are little bitty, mini dragons. I know this because I saw an ad once.

But, seriously, "winter is coming" in August? What happened to Fall?
                              STANDARD DISCLAIMER: I'm a wannabe, take whatever I write with a huge grain of salt.

Comment

Working...
                              X