No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Austin Film Festival 2011

Originally posted by UnequalProductions View Post

Congratulations to all the finalists! I'll be cheering you on at the awards dinner.
    'Not all those who wander are lost.' ~ Tolkien

Comment

congrats! tough number of entries to get through usually!

Comment

We won!

Now what?

Comment

Congrats!! What category?

Comment

Hour long pilot

Comment

Congrats, UP! I managed to meet an astonishing number of people while at AFF and yet only see you from afar.

Still had a great time (and, thanks to a cold I suspect I contracted on the plane, I'm still in recovery), but it would have been great to actually meet you in person.

Of course, given the number of people I did meet, it occurs to me that maybe I did meet you in passing, which would make my saying I didn't incredibly awkward.

Anyway, the point is, congratulations! May you make the most of the bump in heat you're getting. It's a fun ride and a great opportunity.
              The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by jillybob View Post
                Congrats, UP! I managed to meet an astonishing number of people while at AFF and yet only see you from afar.

Still had a great time (and, thanks to a cold I suspect I contracted on the plane, I'm still in recovery), but it would have been great to actually meet you in person.

Of course, given the number of people I did meet, it occurs to me that maybe I did meet you in passing, which would make my saying I didn't incredibly awkward.

Anyway, the point is, congratulations! May you make the most of the bump in heat you're getting. It's a fun ride and a great opportunity.
                I think this might have been the year of the flu. I picked something up on the flight to Austin as well. I didn't realize how sick I was until Sunday. I should have guessed. During the parties, all I wanted to do was lie down. It hit my writing partner on the flight back.

If you met me, I was the grumpy guy who always looked like I was about to pass out.

Comment

UP,

Last year Austin almost killed me with an AIDSlike swine flu.

Comment

I was fine until I got home. I spent a couple of days wondering why my voice wasn't coming back after the festival. Then the plague came. Still not 100%.

I was the redhead in the array of graphic T shirts. (I packed all my obnoxious shirts just so I could BE the "redhead in the T shirts." It's like the only David X. Cohen in the phone book.)

I'm sorry you weren't able to enjoy your time there more, UP. It's exhausting enough (even when fun) at AFF for a healthy person.
                    The difference between the almost right word & the right word is really a large matter -- it's the difference between the lightning bug and the lightning. - Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X