• Future Competitions

FUTURE POTENTIAL COMPETITIONS

-- Halloween

-- Christmas Crackers

--Noir

--Valentine's

--Summer Madness

--Open Competition

Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Re: Future Competitions

A thread to serve as a reminder of the competitions that we may run, in future, and a place to discuss the contents and dates thereof.

Forthcoming: The Annual, "I JUST GOT DUMPED" Valentine's Short Screenplay Writing Competition. Keep an eye on Writing Exercises.

Comment

Maybe we can also try non season themes. We already had Christmas, Valentine... it would be nice to get new subjects.
      Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

Originally posted by 14001 View Post
        Maybe we can also try non season themes. We already had Christmas, Valentine... it would be nice to get new subjects.
        yes, exactly, that is the reason I included an OPEN COMPETITION, which would cover any topic agreed or simply enable entrants to enter a piece of writing of their own choice.

I left the categories in , such as NOIR, VALENTINE, so that people could pull them down from above and say, okay, with... NOIR, let's write about such and such... or Christmas, let's try this or that instead.

Or Open Competition, let's do a western, or something else.

Comment

This is the thread where any such conversations can take place, just throwing about ideas, and what you'd like to see done. Then we'd still set up a competition thread. But between competitions people are free to suggest ideas and chat generally in here.

Comment

Yeah that's the thing about those seasonal contests, they're really just an excuse for a contest, they're not walled in, you can jump outside the "expected" theme and come up with your own preferred topic or genre.

We did an Old Worlds/New Worlds theme in June last year, and a "Dangerous Dames" Noir theme in 2013. Suggest something else.

Ninjas! Balls-to-the-wall action! If someone doesn't die messily on every page the writer is disqualified.

Comment

Originally posted by dpaterso View Post
              Ninjas! Balls-to-the-wall action! If someone doesn't die messily on every page the writer is disqualified.
              Is it possible to go wrong with ninjas?
              "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
              ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

Originally posted by Ravenlocks View Post
                I don't think anything can go wrong with that.
                Check out my website with my productions: http://www.picturesplusproductions.com

Comment

Ninjas get everywhere, absolutely everywhere, I even found some in my bathroom the other day, pesky little critters; it took a really strong bleach to completely get rid of them....

On Noir competitions...

We've had Future Noir, Western Noir and regular type Noir, written in here. Just throwing that in to add to the thread. Not proposing a noir contest takes place at the moment. Just sayin'.

I have a Western Noir dvd boxset btw.

Comment

The more important question is how do you go most right with ninjas?
                    Give it all and ask for no return/And very soon you'll see and you'll begin to learn/That it's alright, yes, it's alright...

Comment

For future competitions, if they are seasonal, I suggest moving the delivery date 1 week after the date. So if it were Valentine, we can send the scripts until February 21st.
                      It has proven difficult to send scripts when all the holidays or whatever it is is 100% on.

Comment

Originally posted by mdb View Post
                        The more important question is how do you go most right with ninjas?
                        This question will be answered in the competition.
                        "Your intuition knows what to write, so get out of the way.-
                        ― Ray Bradbury

Comment

This question will be answered in the competition.
                          If only I wasn't busy with my script for Nicholl...
                          Give it all and ask for no return/And very soon you'll see and you'll begin to learn/That it's alright, yes, it's alright...

Comment

Ravenlock, the competitions are for script 8 pages long or less.
                            It's a great tool to breath a little when you have too many ideas for your long script. You can give it a try next time.

Comment

For future competitions, if they are seasonal, I suggest moving the delivery date 1 week after the date. So if it were Valentine, we can send the scripts until February 21st.
                              It has proven difficult to send scripts when all the holidays or whatever it is is 100% on.
                              Nothing here is set in stone, it's just as much your competition, everybody's really... so if dates do cause problems, that can be reviewed. If we do it at the time, we can always refine it on the spot to suit entrants.

If a competition ran soon, personally I'd probably sit it out, with a busy schedule at the moment, or just vote or something, we'll see, it's all very easy on.

Comment

Working...
                              X