X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: The Screenplay Mechanic (EvilRbt)

Originally posted by C.C.Baxter View Post
    And turnaround time is fast.

Been a customer now 5, 6, 10 times? Great value and top notch notes.
    Hell...I did that many just with one script! (okay - not quite that bad).
    Fantastic (on-going) notes.
    If a woman has to choose between catching a fly ball and saving an infant's life, she will choose to save the infant's life without even considering if there are men on base.
    Dave Barry

Comment

Just a question.

It says here that the fee is $60, however, when I looked at the scriptmechanic site the minimum option seems to be $75. Am I right in guessing that this is just a special offer for DD'ers?

Is there anything I need to do to avail of this if that is the case?

Edit: NVM: The info answering this question is on the previous page of this post. My silliness for not reading through the whole thread first.
      Last edited by Klazart; 10-30-2009, 07:15 AM.

Comment

Hey guys, I'm swamped right now because I have to do a rewrite on one of my projects so the turnaround time is a whopping 7 days+. I'll post here again once my rewrite is done and things are back to normal...

As always, thanks for the kind words. I am continually impressed by the quality of the scripts I've been receiving. On average, it's better than the material I used to read for New Regency.
        NOTES / COVERAGE
        15,000+ Screenplays
        [email protected]

Comment

He's swamped? He must be doing something with a flux-capacitor 'cause he had an open slot earlier this week, and I sent him two screenplays. I got his notes back last month. I'm telling you, the laws of physics are just suggestions for Andrew. If he's really busy, I think time actually stands still.

Good notes and quick turnaround (mind-bendingly so). And for the price? You can't beat that with a stick.

HH

Comment

Robot? Perhaps. Evil? Certainly not.

Before going into hyperdrive on his own script I made it on the front of the que and got another round of great comments.

Best deal out there. Two thumbs up and 5 stars.

Might not be available for coverage when the economy kicks back in and his own specs start getting set up.

Thanks again!
            "I talked to a couple of yes men at Metro. To me they said no."

http://wagstaffnet.blogspot.com/

Comment

EvilRbt, aka Screenplay Mechanic, aka AH offers a tremendous value for the money. He gave me a no-kidding analysis of what worked in my script---and what didn't.

I've used other Readers services and none stack up to AH.

What I really needed was studio-style coverage, a no-B.S. assessment of my work and ideas on how to strengthen the narrative, punch up the characters and stitch together a kick-ass story. And I needed a sanity check on the SCOPE of my film as the cost was wayyyy out of control. Jerry Bruckheimer only has so much money. haha.

Bottom line, AH brought all that to me and more. Way cheaper than the other dudes, and the service and value is tremendous. He didn't blow sunshine up my keester and tell me my script was ready for market when it wasn't. He told me my script wasn't ready for prime-time...then he told me how to fix it. He truly is...The Mechanic.

I plan to work with AH and only AH on current and future projects. He's da man.
              Last edited by ComicBent; 11-13-2009, 12:06 PM. Reason: See my comment below.

Comment

In general, I think it would be best to talk about the positives of the service that you like, instead of the possible negatives of other services that may be excellent but just did not provide what you wanted.

Please remember, too, that higher fees usually get you more. You have to balance out the cost and the benefit.

For that reason, I edited the post above. Sorry if anyone does not like it, but issues were being raised with the administrative staff, and I think it would be best to talk about the positives of the service that you have enjoyed using.

"The fact that you have seen professionals write poorly is no reason for you to imitate them." - ComicBent.

Comment

I really, sincerely appreciate all the kind words about my service. If anyone has any concerns or complaints with OTHER services or analysts, however, perhaps it's best to start a separate thread or contact them directly. I'd hate to see any kind of argument about another service take over my thread and overshadow why it was created in the first place. Thanks, all!
                  NOTES / COVERAGE
                  15,000+ Screenplays
                  [email protected]

Comment

Andrew's help in getting my script being offered representation was immense and crucial.

He put me on the right track, pointed out flaws, offered no b.s, constructive and honest advice.

The man knows what he is talking about. Period.

Recommended. Period.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

What are you trying to say, Space?

Comment

that Andrew's comments and insight on what was working in the script or not, plus the fact that he knows exactly what the studios want, put me in the right track.

I followed his advice to the letter and bam! I landed an offer.

But to be straight here, I also tried other people in order to get a second and a third opinion and I tested it extensively with members of PJ's workshop.

But that's how I like working. I like getting feedback from as many people as I can, pro analysts or fellow writers. The more the better for me. It opens up new possibilities and potentialities.

The best part about Andrew is that he is humble. And for me, this trait in a man is at least respectable. It shows depth.

Before one starts querying, should get a couple of opinions from professionals and make sure one comes from Andrew.

I have posted the other analysts' names in their respective threads.
                        Last edited by spacefarer; 11-18-2009, 06:04 AM.

"Artificial Intelligence will never match the efficiency of Natural Stupidity"

Comment

used the service a couple times now. quick turnaround and well worth the dough.

Comment

Another happy customer here! Totally agree with what's been said already. AH's comments were spot-on and insightful, and gave me plenty to work on.

I will definitely be using his service for my other scripts.

Comment

I received an email from a client this morning asking if it's okay to quote my coverage in a query letter/promo package. If you're a client, past or future, please know that the coverage is yours. You can quote it, include it with a letter, post it online, whatever might help you accomplish your screenwriting goals.

I also have to say I've read a couple of fantastic scripts from DD'ers recently. There are some future pros around these parts...
                              NOTES / COVERAGE
                              15,000+ Screenplays
                              [email protected]

Comment

Originally posted by EvilRbt View Post

I also have to say I've read a couple of fantastic scripts from DD'ers recently. There are some future pros around these parts...
                                Andrew, you're too kind.

Comment

Working...
                                X