No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Working The College Lecture Circuit

Hi All,
    I was wondering if anybody has had any experience working the college lecture scene doing lectures and/or Q & A's. What is the experience like and what is the typical going rate per lecture/Q & A for most established writers? Any info would be appreciated.

Thanks,
    harriswj

Re: Working The College Lecture Circuit

I've done colleges when they've hosted literary conferences, so your question may be directed at doing one-off talks, which would depend on your reputation and/or name-recognition factor.

Typically, if you're doing conferences, all transportation, hotels and meals are covered, and there's always a per diem--anywhere from $100 - $200, depending on where the school is located. (I actually once did an annual literary conference held at Birmingham Southern, where the church-burners are students.)

If you have a name that people will recognize (and colleges will pay for), I'd say you're looking at anywhere from $2500 - $5000 as a starter.

Comment

Jake,

Excuse my ignorance, but whats the expression, Where the church burners are students, meanÉ

Comment

It's been all over the news. A number of Alabama churches were torched over the past month, and the perps were three college kids looking for thrills.

Comment

And they may have been in Jake's audience....
          Free Script Tips:
          http://www.scriptsecrets.net

Comment

Damn, I knew I shouldn't have given them those matches.

Comment

i went to college for 10 sememsters, not including summer school and these things you speak of, these lectures, don't know what they are?

can you explain in more depth what the thing you call lecture means? i remember naked girls. beer. naked girls. drugs.

vig

Comment

I taught at a college for a year. You remember me, vig. I'm the guy who gave you an "F".

Comment

oddly, i only had one F, many, many, incompletes.

... so, you're telling me you gave me that 'f'? remember you're under oath.

vig
                  Last edited by vig; 03-12-2006, 06:40 AM.

Comment

I doubt it was me, vig. You're too young to have been in my course. It was some other perspicacious grader.

Comment

Perspicacious. lol

"Until the Lion writes his own story, the tale of the hunt will always glorify the hunter." -African Proverb

Comment

Working...
                      X