Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Loading

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2010, 11:59 AM   #1
heavenlysurfer
User
 
heavenlysurfer's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 155
Default SyFy contact info

Anyone have have contact info for submitting to the syfy channel? Thanks!
heavenlysurfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2010, 01:02 PM   #2
LIMAMA
Member
 
LIMAMA's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Mars
Posts: 3,427
Default Re: SyFy contact info

This has been posted about before. SyFy contracts from other prodcos for movies--and they are C-H-E-A-P. Did I say C-H-E-A-P. Resrearch the movies, find out prodcos, then pitch them.
__________________
http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/
LIMAMA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 10:47 AM   #3
Grandmaster
Member
 
Grandmaster's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Posts: 1,860
Default Re: SyFy contact info

Quote:
Originally Posted by LIMAMA View Post
This has been posted about before. SyFy contracts from other prodcos for movies--and they are C-H-E-A-P. Did I say C-H-E-A-P. Resrearch the movies, find out prodcos, then pitch them.
Ha! Looking at the quality of the average Sci-Fi Channel film - oops, sorry, they're SyFy now - guessing that they paid peanuts was logical.
But anyway, for those of us looking for a start, even 30K would be great! Still, as LIMAMA pointed out, they don't produce themselves and they also don't co-produce (I know because I contacted them a couple of years back). So find a production firm specialising in low-budget stuff and pitch away!

Good luck.
Grandmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 11:28 AM   #4
doubler83
Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 3,206
Default Re: SyFy contact info

I read a couple of years ago, when Asylum used to make movies for Sci-Fi (don't know if they still do), they used to pay writers $200 - $300 for their script.
doubler83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:17 PM   #5
Furious Anjel
Member
 
Furious Anjel's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 879
Default Re: SyFy contact info

Quote:
Originally Posted by doubler83 View Post
I read a couple of years ago, when Asylum used to make movies for Sci-Fi (don't know if they still do), they used to pay writers $200 - $300 for their script.
__________________
"I was dreamin' when I wrote this, forgive me if it goes astray." - Prince
Furious Anjel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 12:53 PM   #6
bram20
User
 
Join Date: May 2009
Posts: 110
Default Re: SyFy contact info

I double that.
bram20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2010, 07:24 PM   #7
wcmartell
Member
 
wcmartell's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: studio city
Posts: 5,940
Default Re: SyFy contact info

Asylum budgets used to be $125k. I believe they have gone up in the past couple of years, but a friend of mine did stunt work on a film in that budget range. Those were not the official movies, just filler films for SyFy.

The SyFy budget thing is $1.5m, and producer pays half... or maybe they just pretend to. So you may be looking at a $750k budget... which is a quarter of the budget for stuff I was writing for cable 15 years ago.

The cable movie is dead.

- Bill
__________________
Free Script Tips:
http://www.scriptsecrets.net
wcmartell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2010, 11:56 PM   #8
CthulhuRises
Member
 
CthulhuRises's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Posts: 1,100
Default Re: SyFy contact info

Quote:
Originally Posted by wcmartell View Post
Asylum budgets used to be $125k. I believe they have gone up in the past couple of years, but a friend of mine did stunt work on a film in that budget range. Those were not the official movies, just filler films for SyFy.

The SyFy budget thing is $1.5m, and producer pays half... or maybe they just pretend to. So you may be looking at a $750k budget... which is a quarter of the budget for stuff I was writing for cable 15 years ago.

The cable movie is dead.

- Bill
You mean you aren't excited to see SyFy's new "Sharktopus"!?
CthulhuRises is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 02:19 PM.


Powered by vBulletin Version 3.6.2
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Done Deal Pro

eXTReMe Tracker