Click here for Done Deal Pro home page

Done Deal Pro Home Page

Go Back   Done Deal Pro Forums > Business > Producers, Production Companies, Studios & Networks
Register FAQ Members List Calendar Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-01-2011, 01:30 PM   #11
Hilario113
Regular

Default Re: If there's a list of agents/managers going around, what about a producer list?

Well, WME is an agency so if they like it it won't conflict with manager. Wait until you have all your options before making a decision. It's a big one and you need to make sure it's a right fit.
Hilario113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2011, 11:02 PM   #12
fanatic_about_film

Default Re: If there's a list of agents/managers going around, what about a producer list?

Thanks. I would love some more advice about what to do, whether I should sign with this guy or wait for the other people who are reading it to respond first.

But then again, everyone else might hate it, or just feel it's not appropriate for them. I don't know.

Do I take the first offer being served to me or is it better to hold-off for a little while.

I think the fact that he knows some bigger agents and managers are reading it has spurred him on to sign me.

And when he does decide to take me on, will i actually sign a physical contract or not? I believe some people nowadays don't.

Do I really want to be trapped inside a contract?
fanatic_about_film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 12:35 AM   #13
Hilario113
Regular

The majority of managers use a handshake agreements. At least legit ones.
Hilario113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 02:07 AM   #14
fanatic_about_film

Handshake-agreement.

So if he tries to make me sign an actual contract I should be wary?
Old 09-02-2011, 02:40 AM   #15
one seven spectrum

Quote:
Originally Posted by fanatic_about_film View Post
...And one seven spectrum, I see your point about not sending it to producers until my manager thinks. But at the same time, he's not actually my manager, at least yet is he? I can't quite get my head around what is right and what is wrong in this situation, if you know what I mean...
I'm saying, if I was a Manager and a writer contacted me with their query, and I responded for the script, and I read it, and I showed interest in repping the writer - I'd be pissed if I was taking it out and the writer had already gone beneath me/over me/around me and tried querying it themselves. Maybe the Manager likes it, but thinks it needs some work before going to Producers?

Just wait. Decide whether you want this guy as your Manager - if you do, let him worry about shopping it for you. If you don't sign with him, then feel free to do whatever you want to do. It can't take more than a week or two for this guy to either rep you or not (or you decide you want him as a Manager or not). Just chill a bit. Don't be so hasty.

Good Luck.
one seven spectrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2011, 06:02 AM   #16
fanatic_about_film

Oh I don't mean I'm doing stuff behind his back exactly. I am simply in the query process, and I am continuing to query until I get signed. That's all I am doing. Surely I shouldn't just stop in the middle of my query process, because he has shown interest in me?

However, he is calling me later today yet there are 20 other people reading it.

I don't know if I should say yes to him or wait to hear back from some of the other readers, many of whom are at big agencies.