No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Grays

Title: The Grays
    Log Line: An alien race function as the "United States of the cosmos" and they run things on Earth as well as on other worlds. Operating in secrecy, the aliens are unwilling to reveal themselves for fear of altering mankind's development.
    Writer: Ken Nolan
    Agent: Todd Feldman of CAA
    Buyer: Sony Pictures Entertainment
    Price: $3 million
    Genre: Science Fiction
    Logged: 8/24/05
    More: 75 page treatment, which was based on Whitley Strieberâ€TMs unpublished novel. John Calley and Avenue Picturesâ€TM Cary Brokaw will produce.

Is that $3 million for the treatment alone???

Re: The Grays

More likely it's for the rights and a step deal for the screenplay. The notice mentions an unpublished novel. It's probably a pre-emptive buy before the (expected) publication and success of the novel. At least that would be my guess, judging only by the info you posted.

Comment

Do the aliens that Whitley Strieber says abducted him get a piece of the pie? Who says anal probes don't pay off???????
      "I hate to break it to you but there is no big lie. There is no system. The universe is indifferent.- - Don Draper

Comment

Who says anal probes don't pay off???????
        Faster would be better! ~ Capt. Malcolm Reynolds

Comment

Defamer weighs in:

Tomorrow, Sony hopes to announce a $2 million option of a rough crayon sketch of Will Smith shooting a stick figure on a CPK placemat.

Comment

Actually, that was $3 million on a 75 page "script-ment" that's based on a novel that hasn't been released yet. He still has to write the actual screenplay.

If the "script-ment" was 75 pages long, how long is the actual script going to be?

But, that's a nice chunk of change. Wish it was mine.

Comment

Working...
            X