No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Full trailer of Darren Aronofosky's 'The Fountain'

http://www.apple.com/trailers/wb/the...er1/large.html

One of my highly anticipated this year. Love DA, his work in PI and Requiem is fantastic. This one looks to up the ante.

Re: Full trailer of Darren Aronofosky's 'The Fountain'

I'm there.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

That looks incredible...

*muttering under my breath*

Son of a....
      Passion Fuels Passion

Comment

Looks very interesting. I'd go for Jackman over Weisz though.
        Reminds me of Three Times
        http://www.apple.com/trailers/independent/threetimes/
        A talent for drama is not a talent for writing, but is an ability to articulate human relationships.
        Gore Vidal

"Aisatsu Yori Ensatsu"
        Money is better than compliments.

Comment

Does anyone know if the script if floating around out there anywhere? I'm looking for it, but no luck so far.
          Passion Fuels Passion

Comment

This looks AWESOME!!!
            https://actbreakdown.com

Comment

this movie looks amazing.

early review posted on chud.com: http://www.chud.com/index.php?type=reviews&id=7133

can't wait.
              "everything a writer learns about the art and craft of fiction takes just a little away from his need or desire to write at all. in the end he knows all the tricks and has nothing to say."

Comment

Guys, I'm freaking out here. I keep watching the trailer over and over and over again. I haven't been this excited about a film in a long time and yesterday I didn't even know this film existed. It looks smart and beautiful and thought provoking. It's a triple threat. And that score! My gosh....
                Passion Fuels Passion

Comment

Requiem for a Dream is obscenely overrated, but it seems as if most of those doing the rating have not seen anything older than themselves, so what else can be expected? Anyway, I'll probably watch this.

Comment

Requiem is overrated. This film however looks like it could be something truly great.
                    Passion Fuels Passion

Comment

Someone needs to look up the definition of overrated.

This isn't the Howard Johnson's.

Comment

Originally posted by whitenavel
                        Someone needs to look up the definition of overrated.
                        Not nearly as good as everyone thinks it is.

That fits Requiem like a glove.

Comment

Originally posted by Biohazard
                          Not nearly as good as everyone thinks it is.

That fits Requiem like a glove.
                          Damn Bio i wonder what your level of standard is. Requiem, a feature from a first time director who actually had a BUDGET unlike PI, had some superb direction in that film. The 'drug' scenes were of something to behold, as the descent into madness/drug induced fantasies he portrays. You can't help but watch on, despite knowing where its going to end. Same as his uses for color in PI, to make the ugly things attractive, to make beautiful things dull.

Overrated? Overrated is this comment: "those doing the rating have not seen anything older than themselves" that makes you sound like a bitter old fool who's lost touch with this world, who looks upon those younger than him who appreciates good films both old and new with utter distaste.

As for the fountain, i belive this will place DA squarely on the hollywood map, whether he likes it or not.

Comment

Originally posted by mad_r0
                            Overrated? Overrated is this comment: "those doing the rating have not seen anything older than themselves" that makes you sound like a bitter old fool who's lost touch with this world, who looks upon those younger than him who appreciates good films both old and new with utter distaste.
                            Sorry if I don't enjoy seeing countless ignorant teenagers listing Batman Begins, Sin City, Donnie Darko, V for Vendetta and Kill Bill as 5 of the greatest movies ever made. You mention something like Marathon Man or Dog Day Afternoon and they'll look at you like you have two heads. It's disgusting.

Want to know what my level of standard is? I'll give you a hint: masterpiece films died with Stanley Kubrick in 1999. There's plenty of movies made since 2000 that are great, but nothing nearly as great as those from the 90's, 80's, 70's, 60's, and 50's.

Is Requiem overrated? Yes. I'd call it a good movie, but that's as far as I'll go. One movie from the same year that I feel is underrated is Quills.

Comment

Bio, as a writer I'd think you'd empathize with the fact that every person looks through different eyes to see the world.

'Countless teenagers' aren't ignorant because they seek out different mirrors than you. Perspectives change constantly. That's one of the fascinating things about movies: They reflect the passing consciousness as time turns over.

Saying something 'sucks' simply because you hate it negates the possibility that other people have different dreams than you. It also undermines some incredibly brilliant filmmakers who reflect consciousness for what it is now, rather than what it was yesterday.
                              https://actbreakdown.com

Comment

Working...
                              X