Collapse
No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: TrackingB

...and here's me outling an action/adventure. What a pillock...
    @MacBullitt

Comment

Originally posted by Chief View Post
      I hope, honest to God that you're right. I'm working on a sci fi project as well (http://messageboard.donedealpro.com/...ad.php?t=69807)

But doesn't that mean sci fi was in, the year those scripts were bought/developed?
      You've got time. Trends tend to stick around for a while these days. Everyone too nervous to stir the pot.

Look at Superheros and vampires. I'd say if you pump that Sci-Fi out this year, you're within the cut-off period. Get to it!

Comment

I think Orbit sounds freaking sweet. I wish I'd come up with that idea.
        Chicks Who Script podcast

Comment

Do drama scripts not do that well in TrackingB? Only one this year is, really, Before I Met You, a drama script. It reminded me a little of Half Nelson, a little.

The rest are really really high concept ideas. They all sound interesting as hell, though.

Comment

Originally posted by RyanCovington View Post
            Do drama scripts not do that well in TrackingB? Only one this year is, really, Before I Met You, a drama script. It reminded me a little of Half Nelson, a little.

The rest are really really high concept ideas. They all sound interesting as hell, though.

I think drama scripts like people falling in love with their chairs only to find out out it was all a dream belongs to Nich.

Comment

Originally posted by Harbinger View Post
              You didn't know? There's a button.

But you have to press shift as well.

Congrats to all the winners and to certain reps who slipped in there right sharpish. And, as Geoff said, Sci-Fi seems to be the new trend.

Which will only intensify into 2014 if Oblivion, After Earth and Elysium hit the mark Box Office wise. I'm working on two sci-fi scripts as we speak. Outlining one. Finishing up the other. This is the YEAR OF SCI-FI!

So a lot of those winners are well-placed. Congrats to them again.
              My space opera didn't make it. I didn't even get an e-mail saying "Thanks for entering our crummy contest! We made sure to tar and feather your sh|tty script!"

And doesn't the plot for sea scream Terminator 3? Skynet was the internet. Oh well, I'm sure Geoff knows what he's doing.
              I'm never wrong. Reality is just stubborn.

Comment

I think it depends on the year. In previous years they've picked some really unconventional / tough sell dramas.

And I thought the same thing when I read the logline for Before I Met You regarding Half Nelson.
                Twitter @CameronAlxander

Comment

Originally posted by Richmond Weems View Post
                  And PJ, isn't that at least two of your members who've won in TrackingB? Or am I confused again?
                  Placing highly, yes.

http://www.pjmcilvaine.com/

Comment

Originally posted by CameronAlexander View Post
                    I think it depends on the year. In previous years they've picked some really unconventional / tough sell dramas.

And I thought the same thing when I read the logline for Before I Met You regarding Half Nelson.
                    Congratulations, Cameron, BTW. Awesome job. You didn't enter Zoetrope, did you?

Comment

Congratulations, Cameron, BTW. Awesome job. You didn't enter Zoetrope, did you?
                      Thanks Ryan.

I've entered in that contest before, but not this year.
                      Twitter @CameronAlxander

Comment

Some of those logs sound awesome. Congrats to all who placed and got signed.
                        @TerranceMulloy

Comment

So, at this point, every one of the honorable mentions, finalists and the winner have signed with representation. That's eight projects. Good job to the Insider, that dude works his ass off to promote new writers and help push their careers in the right direction.

Comment

Originally posted by emily blake View Post
                            I think Orbit sounds freaking sweet. I wish I'd come up with that idea.
                            I've read it, and it is freaking sweet. Touches of 'Rendezvous with Rama' if that means anything to anyone... writer's a really nice guy as well. B@stard.

Comment

Just noticed that one of my managers signed one of the people who placed in trackingb. Good for both of them.

Comment

Congrats to those who made it. Now the real work begins muahahahahaha.
                                Quack.

Writer on a cable drama.

Comment

Working...
                                X