No announcement yet.
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Sundance Writers Lab

Originally posted by hardyear View Post
    it does seem they are looking for projects that are close to production already. Meaning finished script, a few actors, locations, some crew and what not. Basically a good amount of your project should be set but the main thing you need is financing. Having all this in place makes you a priority over someone who just has a nice script.

Do they ask you if you have all that lined up in the application? I must have missed that.
    http://damianjohnharper.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Harper View Post
      Do they ask you if you have all that lined up in the application? I must have missed that.

No they do not, but IMO many of those selected are at least in the beginning stages of pre-production. Again IMO the workshop is an amazing opportunity for a writer/director and while it's also good for a writer I feel there are a couple other programs I'd rank over this if an individual is interested solely in writing.

Comment

I know this is kinda sorta a dead thread, but any thoughts on when they'll be contacting people who've made it to the Second Round?

Comment

Not sure, but it should be very soon since second rounders have to submit full scripts by the 15th of August.

Comment

I just got my email. My script "Madam Charlie" made it to round 2!

The deadline to submit the full script is September 1 this year, FYI.

Read (and rate) my script at The Black List! https://blcklst.com/members/scripts/view/9991

Comment

Just got an email that I made it to the second round...

Long way to go, but a good day.

Comment

Got my second-round notice today. Made it.

FYI they said all second-round notices would be emailed by the 16th.

Comment

nice news all around

Comment

Gratz to all who are in so far!

I just sent my package in for the Jan 2014 International Screenwriters Lab.

Hoping they look more at the material than any significant attachments or progress towards production (I have none, atm).

Comment

Has anyone received a "sorry you did not make it to the second round" email?
                      http://damianjohnharper.com/

Comment

Working...
                      X